Giant Glory Comp

BikeFx

Likes Dirt
This is my new Giant Glory Comp, i picked it up a few weeks ago for a great deal! I love the bike so much! it feels really chuckable and handles really well, not to mention how well it drifts! i cant explain how well the totems feel, they eat up everything in its path and they look awesome, it's all still stock now, but when i can scrape together a few more pennies i want to start upgrading some parts as i go along and hopefully dump a bit of it's weight, overall im stoked with the bike and cant wait to continue riding the state series this year on my new rig! :D

SPECS-
frame ALUXX SL alloy Maestro 8" of travel, 150 O.L.D. rear spacing
fork Rockshox Totem IS Coil w/1.5" alloy steerer, 7"/180mm
rear shock Fox DHX 4.0 coil w?ProPedal + adj. tuning range
rear derailleur SRAM X-7 9 speed
front derailleur Shimano Saint
shifters SRAM X-7 trigger shift 18 speed
crankset Raceface Ride DH X-Type 24/36T w/bashguard
bottom bracket Raceface Ride DH X-Type integrated, outboard
chain Shimano Deore HG73 9 speed
cassette SRAM PG950 9 speed 11-34T
brakes Avid Code 5 hydraulic w/8" rotors
brake levers Avid Code hydraulic
hubs Fr: Formula 20mm | Sun Ringle 150mm, thru-axle
rims Alex Supra BH disc 26" * 32H w/eyelets
spokes DT Swiss 14/15G competition stainless
tyres Fr: Kenda Bluegroove 2.5 Stick-E | Rr: Nevagal 2.5 Stick-E
h.bar/stem Raceface Evolve DH low rise/Raceface Diabolus D2
seat post SDG I Beam
saddle SDG Bellair ST I Beam
:D

Attachments

Steepy

Likes Dirt
Nice bike!

Is it your first DH Rig?

I'm just wondering how much difference there is in the handling between the DH Glory models and the FR Glory's and if you can notice the difference that much when you're pinned?

I know the head angles are a bit steeper on the Glory 8's and the wheel base a little shorter but was keen to know how well they handle high speeds as I'm thinking of getting one a bit further down the track!

BikeFx

Likes Dirt
Thankyou!

The bike is my second Dh Rig and i have to say that i was shocked with the performance, i thought that it might be a bit unstable or a bit slower at high speed but i found that it handled it really well! it's really manouvorable in the tighter sections and it allows you to really move the bike underneath you well, its really fun to drift and it does so quite easily, i just love it so much, its just such a fun bike to ride! i havent bottomed out on it even though it has .8 of an inch less travel than the DH models, i dont think i can say anything negative about the bike! I Love It!!!!!!!!!!!
Thankyou very much! :D

BikeFx

Likes Dirt
Nice rig, if only they make the comp in the 09 range....
I know! im pretty sure they have the 09 ones in america and they said that we just dont have them in Aus cause it doesnt suit our market or something, you could probably import them though, you can see it on the giant website aswell so they do exist, i think that the 08 ones look better anyway!
Cheers
thankyou! :)