Giant halo

bpow

Likes Dirt
My girls been riding a HT for a while and recently had a ride on my dually. Now she wants one! She loved the ride but found it to be a bit heavy. been looking for a affordable dually and noticed lots of halo's on sale. She mainly rides xc style single track. Shes not into jumping etc but wants something that can make her feel safe on the Dh sections and smooth out the bumps, and lightish. was looking at the trance and possibly the cypher. Anyone have any feedback on the halo for a women? Will it allow her to progress or should we look for a bike with a bit more travel (halo has 100mm) or any other recomendations?
Cheers

Cypher

Likes Dirt
The Halo looks ok, but here are some pointers on buying bikes for girls

* The top tube looks quite long. Unless your girl has a long torso and arms, this will make it uncomfortable to ride. You may need to purchase a different neck/handlebar set up etc

* It is safe to say that the Halo is a man's bike - talk to the bike shop about getting the suspension adjusted for a woman - we're generally not as heavy and tend not to huck as heavy when we do. So many times I have put my suspension in for service and it came back rock hard - adjusted for a man. You have suspension because it is plush!

:)

pink

Likes Bikes
100mm travel is more xc riding, will be light and take some bumps for sure, but can be quite race orientated in terms of geometry and 'plush' factor which might be too much for casual riding for some... but is she wants a bit more diversity with suspension she may want to consider a trail bike, such as the trance. This bike will certainly be heavier, but may give her the xtra cushioning she might appreciate. Get her to try them. I'd compare an anthem to a trance, then she will know the 'style' and could branch out by checking other brands as well if interested.

bpow

Likes Dirt
thanks for the responses!!
I think we will look for something a little more 'plush', she loved the rides on my bike(6" travel) on the DH sections, i have never seen her ride so fast and confident. She ended up riding her bike up hills and mine going down!! Will definately look for a trance or something similar? Any suggestions?
She says she is in no hurry to get a new ride, but not sure I can let her ride my bike on ALL the fun DH sections!!!
Cheers

pink

Likes Bikes
What's your budget? Giant Trance is a popular choice and good value. You may consider a Merida one-twenty or one-forty. Check out Cube: New on the market, big in Europe.

If you want to go a bit fancier, check out Santa Cruz. They have 'plush' perfected :cool: