Giant Reign Advanced Lower shock mount and CCBA CS

will2

Likes Dirt
I have a Reign advanced and this afternoon after a long time waiting I went to put my new CCDB CS coil shock onto it.

The Reign doesn't use any bushings in the lower shock eyelet, so i took them out of the shock.
The lower shock axle is still too large to fit through the shock eyelet. only by a very small margin. The original Monarch plus fit onto the axle very smoothly no play but didn't require force to go in.
Am I doing something wrong? Will it never fit my bike even though the Cane creek website says it will?
I honestly don't know what to do. Please help.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Cane creek says the lower mount is 15mm ID. Use a vernier to measure the ID of the eyelet of both your rockshox and the CC.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I thought you had a coil... but looks like the DB Air is a no go for a Reign advance.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

will2

Likes Dirt
Yeah it is a Coil Climb Switch. I haven't got calipers. Comparing it to the Monarch it is smaller.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, they have always helped me. I am happy to pay the premium for moments exactly like these.
There be two versions.

I had this discussion with MTB Direct a couple of months ago, they didn't realise at the time.

Hopefully they can sort something for you. Alternatively, NS Dynamics can sort it for $50ish.

Grant.

will2

Likes Dirt
There be two versions.

I had this discussion with MTB Direct a couple of months ago, they didn't realise at the time.

Hopefully they can sort something for you. Alternatively, NS Dynamics can sort it for $50ish.

Grant.
Oh thanks mate. Do they just swap the part over? That would be a pretty good fix.
But if MTB direct help me out even better.

Thank you for all the help guys. I really appreciate it. Cheers!!

Ballsack

Likes Bikes
The lower eyelet needs to be machined out to 15mm.

Had mine done a few months back,CCDB CS on Reign Advanced 0.

I had a local engineering shop do it to match the lower shock bolt. (NS do the same mod).

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
The lower eyelet needs to be machined out to 15mm.

Had mine done a few months back,CCDB CS on Reign Advanced 0.

I had a local engineering shop do it to match the lower shock bolt. (NS do the same mod).
I'd be returning it to MTB direct and asking for the current model in return.... which is 15mm.
Good luck getting any warranty on a shock that you machined.

Ballsack

Likes Bikes
That was NS's reply when I asked in regards to fitment. They offered to do it.. They are also the Cane Creek Authorized repairer. :wink:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
That was NS's reply when I asked in regards to fitment. They offered to do it.. They are also the Cane Creek Authorized repairer. :wink:
Was it a new shock supplied by them?
If it was a second hand shock or it came from overseas I might be inclined to machine it out, but seeing as OP has a spanker from an Aus supplier..... I'd just get the correct one.
MTB direct are awesome and very helpful...... they should help him out.

Ballsack

Likes Bikes
I got the Shock from MTB Direct also, this was before they had the 15mm version.

I asked the boys at NS & that was their answer. Sounded like it was a common thing.

The fitted bush in the lower eye is removed, & a bees dick is shaved off the mount. Looks identical to to factory monarch mount (no bush).

I wouldn't recommend having a crack with your own gear to drill it out. I supplied mount bolt to engineer & had eye machined to suit, bit of lithium grease & it is spot-on!!