Rear hub - Giant Sport Tracker Disc
Front rim - Giant S-XC2 Alloy, double wall 32h
Rear rim - Giant S-XC2 Alloy, double wall 32h
Spokes - Stainless Steel, 14g
Tyres - Schwalbe Rapid Rob, 27.5x2.25

Pics to follow

adr8

Squid
I got the Talon 4 spewing I didn't spend the extra coin and get the 1 they are a great bike, enjoy :smile:

Locknatious

Likes Bikes
I got the Talon 4 spewing I didn't spend the extra coin and get the 1 they are a great bike, enjoy :smile:
yea my wife suggested i spend the extra coin on the 1, was looking at the 2 but im stoked with the 1. you should trade the 4 in..

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
By the way, I just bought the 27.5 2 today!

My LBS had a special, from $1,169 (includes Cairns deliver tax!) to $999!

So I bought gloves, bag, tubes, CO2 inflator and bottle cage, and the dealer gave me a free Limar helmet all for the same price as the Trek X-Caliber 8 I was going to buy!

It looks really nice (as did the 27.5 1 but sadly out of my budget) with a brushed aluminium finish with black and blue decals.

I got them to flip the stem otherwise the front end will lift too readily on the climbs.

1625609_10152297799541532_441514577_n.jpg

Newie

Likes Dirt
All nice bikes, I do like the look of the tread on those tyres in 27.5 but of course the upgrades will come just needs some touches of blue (I am thinking) to set it off a bit more.

Locknatious

Likes Bikes
By the way, I just bought the 27.5 2 today!

My LBS had a special, from $1,169 (includes Cairns deliver tax!) to $999!

So I bought gloves, bag, tubes, CO2 inflator and bottle cage, and the dealer gave me a free Limar helmet all for the same price as the Trek X-Caliber 8 I was going to buy!

It looks really nice (as did the 27.5 1 but sadly out of my budget) with a brushed aluminium finish with black and blue decals.

I got them to flip the stem otherwise the front end will lift too readily on the climbs.
yea its a tidy looking bike, thats why i got mine. managed to pick mine up for $1,330 and thats also with a laser autofit helmet, I wear a camelbak when i ride so no need for a bottle cage.

I probably should get some spare tubes.. and im probably going to get a shorter stem, and definatly getting new pedals..

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I should repost this as a separate thread in case someone does a Google search. I wanted as much info as possible when doing my research!

si618

Likes Dirt
All nice bikes, I do like the look of the tread on those tyres in 27.5 but of course the upgrades will come just needs some touches of blue (I am thinking) to set it off a bit more.
I'd rate the Rapid Robs that came with my 2014 Talon 1 29er as better than the Nobby Nics than came with my 2013 Reign 1, which is a bit silly considering the Talon cost me $700 and the Reign $2,400. So far the Rapid Robs are holding up better on the same trails to work, although I'm not pushing as hard as the Talon wheels aren't as strong, but Rapid Robs feel nicer to ride and the sidewalls aren't splitting, unlike the Nobby Nics.

Also, anyone thinking of a Talon in any wheel size would be well advised to test ride first, as there is a big difference between the forks in the different models. The Rockshox XC30 is ok and good value for money, but the Suntour XCM is horrible at any price. Maybe the Suntours are built for lighter riders, as I'm 85kg loaded up with gear, but it felt like riding a pogo stick when I tested it, and adjusting the pre-load did bugger all.

Just an opinion, worth what you paid for it ;-)

camoshop

Banned
Nice man, I'm waiting to put my new stem on, just waiting for te new bars and grips to come in the mail, hopefully this week! I wasn't a fan of the up sweep on the giant bars, and I'm use to wider bars as the ones on mine are 730mm wide I got some 780mm. How are you finding the clip ins ?

nathanm

Eats Squid
A bit of an update on my bike.

I've put BBB lock-on grips on, gone clipless using Wellgo pedals and Shimano MT34 SPD Mountain Bike shoes and taken the 100mm Stem off and replaced it with a 40mm one
Huge change in stem length there bro, whats the thoughts behind it? Normally that short of stem you'd see on a DH/DJ oriented rig?

I still remember my entry level Giant Yukon that went from XC to Dh races with just a change to 130mm forks

Locknatious

Likes Bikes
Nice man, I'm waiting to put my new stem on, just waiting for te new bars and grips to come in the mail, hopefully this week! I wasn't a fan of the up sweep on the giant bars, and I'm use to wider bars as the ones on mine are 730mm wide I got some 780mm. How are you finding the clip ins ?
Thanks, I wouldn't mind getting a wider set of bars, but it's a slow process saving up the $$. hopefully you get your parts this week coz there's nothing better than putting new gear on your ride.. I'm finding the clip ins awesome, it was my first ride in them today and I just had heaps more confidence knowing I wasn't going to get pedal/foot separation anymore.

Locknatious

Likes Bikes
Huge change in stem length there bro, whats the thoughts behind it? Normally that short of stem you'd see on a DH/DJ oriented rig?

I still remember my entry level Giant Yukon that went from XC to Dh races with just a change to 130mm forks
It's just to see how I go with a shorter stem, borrowed it off a mate so if I like it ill get one of my own. and i'll probably get a 50mm - 60mm stem.

Nice work for the Yukon.