Giant Trance 2

duneblazer

Likes Bikes
Bout time I started a thread here - thanks for looking!

Details: Giant trance 2 2014 - bought new in Oct 2013
It's a fun bike, first I've owned since a maad Malvernstar back when I was a little fella, goes up hills easy enough and down hills as fast as I'll let it!

Improved parts from stock:
XT brakes and XT shifter
X-fusion Sweep 160mm
Easton Haven 55mm stem
Giant dropper - Needs replacing with KS integra
Truvative JC Blackbox carbon bars
Works Components 1x10 conversion - 32t front and 40t rear
77 Designz chain guide
CRANKIN sticker :heh:

IMG_2847.jpg
IMG_2849.jpg
IMG_2891.jpg
IMG_2897.JPG
IMG_2894.jpg

Last edited:

Luco

Likes Dirt
Nice Trance mate!
Forgot giant made these after all the reign love! ;)

Black always looks the goods!

Edit: just had a second look; the 77 chain guide looks great! However looks like you've stripped the fark out of your chainring bolts! ;)

Last edited:

duneblazer

Likes Bikes
Thanks mate, sure is plenty of love on the reigns for sure!
THe chain ring bolts are just old black ones from a 3x crankset because I needed the longer length. Not stripped, just chipped!

Luco

Likes Dirt
Ha fair enough, they do looked shagged compared to the rest of your bike...

rckon you've done some sensible mods. Although have you considered a longer travel dropper post? An extra 25-50mm in travel would really get that seat out of the way...

Like your tyre choice; I'm currently running the same on my bike, however I do find the minion a little too much on the front...

duneblazer

Likes Bikes
They sure do, I'll get around to changing them soon. Think I need to space the chainring a little further inboard, the 2mm spacers aren't giving me the ideal chainline! So I may need new chainring bolts for that.
Ah yes the dropper, I do need a longer stroked one but this one is still working well enough to leave for now.
As far as the tyres, pretty happy for where I ride, though I feel the ardent lets go to easily when cornering hard, though I prefer a rear end drift compared to losing the front! I am liking the minion, changed from a 2.3 HR2. I feel that the minion has slightly less volume/a little skinnier but is also a bit lighter!