Giant Trance/Trance X

blakeo_2233

Likes Dirt
Hi all
I am thinking of upgrading my old reign for a new trance/trance x. Still havan't decided yet. But would like to see some real life pics of the bikes. And if there are any owners out there could you please post and give me a verdict of how they ride, weight etc etc.

Feel free to comment.

Flannie

Likes Bikes
I just got a 08 Trance 1 and i reckon its fantastic.

I took a long time to decide if i wanted the Trance or the X. Eventually decided that i already have a DH bike (IH Sunday) if I want to hit up some big lines and 4.2 inches is enough travel for just about everything on the trails that i have ridden.

If are only going to have one bike, its a different story - even the Reigns are light enough to pedal around all day.

Check the giant website for the full specs and pics.

For the money, I couldnt find anything close to the spec or weight and Giant's interpretation of the DW link works great.

Have fun.

blakeo_2233

Likes Dirt
Thanks Flannie.
But i reckon im gunna go a trance x zero because its apparently only another 100 grams heavier than a standard trance. And because were i normally ride its a little rough for hardtails and full on xc bikes so the extra added inch on the x should bee nice.

Hamo

Likes Dirt
I've got a trance X, but it's the extra small, and I've got it set up for dj/4x first priority and trail riding secondary, so I'm running dual chainrings with a guide, short stem ect. Had the first trail ride on it today, it was really nice, climbed pretty well,(Only problem is my fitness) and it was really awesome on the downhill sections. also very nippy around berms ect, which you won't find on many xc trials I suppose. But that frame is much smaller than the ideal size (16 or17" is my fit) but even so it's been a joy to ride.
Not sure if it'll help you out at all, But whatever you get, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Great bikes

splunk

Likes Dirt
I had a Reign previously and now on a Trance X. The main difference that I found was in the components. The bar is a lot wider and the seat post was not long enough. A part from that it is a lot nicer riding a lighter bike (for the type of riding that i do).

I have some pics and will post when I get home.

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been having a look at the Trance X 2 and it appears to be one of (if not THE) best bike at that price point in terms of componentry and weight.

I would be interested to hear from people about how it rides in general trails and particularly uphill.

blakeo_2233

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the comments guys. Will be getting an x zero now. If any of you guys have pics of your trance x's could you please post them up. Thanks Blake.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
They are **** ugly, but great bikes. Light too. I built one up last week on friday and it felt great riding around.

blakeo_2233

Likes Dirt
Yer trance x frame and shock is 6 grams heavier than a trance frame and shock. And the trance x frame and shock is only 200 grams heavier than the 07 anthem frame and shock. Pretty good for a bike with 5 inches of travel if you ask me.

chippamania

Likes Dirt
X1 Sizing

Here are some pics:

Bike is pretty much stock, however I am running tubeless and had to get a new seat post.
Splunk,

Nice X1 pics, I've been trying to track down some 'real' pics right across the net but have had no luck to date. I've got mine on order at the moment and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Out of interest (and of course if you don't mind me asking), what's yor rough height and therefore what frame size did you get? I jumped on a medium X2 to measure up and the fellas at the shop were pretty confident that it was a good fit. I'm ~182cm (6ft zero) so am usually used to large sized bikes.

I'm thinking that its a mental thing with the drooping top tube though...

How is the beast going generally?

Ta mate,

Chippas

splunk

Likes Dirt
I am 5'7". But I have short arms. I believe that a smaller bike is better than a larger one if you are inbetween sizes like I am.

Had a reign previously so not new to giant's duallies. It pretty much rides the same, but lighter. Do not really notice the shorter travel, however wish i had the talas instead to give it a little more flexibility.

Any one want to swap their Talas for my F120s? :p

mtb1611

Seymour
^^^ Looks hot, hope it rides as well as it looks. Would definitely be on my hitlist had I not bought a Reign 0 last year.

lilau3

Squid
The pics look good.

Just ordered a Trance X1. Already been said I know, but for the price I couldn't really find anything better.

Had trouble deciding between the 1 and the X1, but already have a hard-tail so figured the X1 will be a good all rounder.

sean_23

Likes Bikes
Out of interest (and of course if you don't mind me asking), what's yor rough height and therefore what frame size did you get? I jumped on a medium X2 to measure up and the fellas at the shop were pretty confident that it was a good fit. I'm ~182cm (6ft zero) so am usually used to large sized bikes.

Chippas
I'm 5'11" and got a medium Trance 0 (4.2"). It's a good fit but at the start it felt a little short in the cockpit and I've got the seat back about as far as it goes. I came off a hardtail set up for XC which was pretty stretched out, maybe that's why. Feels fine when I'm riding it though, they're a great bike and I'm sure you'll be happy.

chippamania

Likes Dirt
I'm 5'11" and got a medium Trance 0 (4.2"). It's a good fit but at the start it felt a little short in the cockpit and I've got the seat back about as far as it goes. I came off a hardtail set up for XC which was pretty stretched out, maybe that's why. Feels fine when I'm riding it though, they're a great bike and I'm sure you'll be happy.
Sounds good mate, I'm guessing that my old hard tail has stretched me out a bit too. Just can't wait now for it to arrive!