Giant Trance X E+ 1(2023)

Minlak

custom titis
I have had a bike a Merida Big Trail 600 and I was not really riding - Can make lots of excuses that are injury based but I could have still been riding - I don't really like riding around town and now magpie season is once again upon us I really don't like riding around town - The nearest trails are a 50km drive there and back so a 100km round trip and I hated travelling that far to ride for an hour and only cover about 10kms - So a new E-Bike seemed to be the obvious choice and boom here we are.
Heaps of research later and once again I found myself thinking the Giant was the best option - I also personally really gel with the way the Yamaha motor works as well.
Could have gone the model that only comes in at 18kgs now for the same money but this one has the 800Wh battery so much longer range and had a better component spec for the same money. And since there is a motor under me the weight really wasn't a factor in my decision in the end.

You cant really add a bottle (well only a small 400mm anyway) so added a tool carrier instead and have levers patches co2 etc in there

One ride so far the motor is so smooth after 90 mins of mixed riding on smart assist mode I have used about a third of the battery. After I remembered to bed the brakes in the 220mm rotors and 4 piston brakes work really well. The riding buddy even commented on how quiet the motor was compared to other bikes he has been riding with.

Frame - ALUXX SL-grade Aluminum, Advanced Forged Composite linkage, 140mm Maestro Suspension System, 'Boost' 148x12 UDH rear axle, Giant EnergyPak Plus Range Extender Compatible (Large)
Motor - SyncDrive Pro, 85Nm, powered by Yamaha
Battery - EnergyPak Smart 800, EnergyPak Plus 250Wh range extender compatible
Rear shock - Fox Float X Performance, EVOL Large Volume sleeve, 2-Pos Lever, custom tuned (140mm)
Front shock/fork - Fox 36 Float Performance, 150mm travel, 44mm offset, Grip Damper, Boost 110x15QR, e-optimized
Handlebars - Deity 50mm Rise
Stem - Giant Contact SL 35
Grips - ODI Double Lock on
Saddle - WTB Pure 148mm Chrome Molly
Seatpost - TranzX travel-adjustable dropper, remote L: 170-200mm travel / 30.9 x 525mm
Front brake - Shimano Deore XT, BR-M8120, 4-piston, hydraulic disc, 220mm
Rear brake - Shimano Deore XT, BR-M8120, 4-piston, hydraulic disc, 220mm
Cranks - Praxis Wave 36T Cold Forged 4130 premium steel Praxis e-Cadet+ custom forged crankarm set (Q-factor=168, M/L:165mm)
Chainguide - MRP HD2 co-moulded chain guide
Chain - KMC e.12 Turbo, EcoProteq, e-bike optimized
Pedals - RaceFace Atlas Platform L X W: 110 x 108mm Platform Height: 12mm 386g
Rear derailleur - Shimano Deore XT, 12-speed, Shadow+
Front shifter - Shimano Deore XT
Rear shifter - Shimano Deore XT
Cassette - Shimano CS-M7100-12, 10-51T, 12-speed
Front hub - Shimano MT410 Boost, Center-Lock, 110x15
Rear hub - 148x12mm Micro-Spline Drive Body Thru-axle
Front rim - Giant AM 29"
Rear rim - Giant AM 29"
Spokes - Sapim E-Lite [R] Race [F], e-bike optimized
Tyres - Maxxis Minion DHF 29x2.6" foldable, Tubeless, EXO+, 3C MaxxTerra [F] Maxxis Dissector 29x2.6" Foldable, Tubeless, EXO+, 3C MaxxTerra [R]
Total weight - 23.8kg (via internet search)

1695767716602.jpeg

1695767727744.jpeg

1695767739458.jpeg

1695767750734.jpeg

1695767864321.png

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I still believe that the Giant Eebs are the best bang for your buck....happy to be proven wrong.
I am still bashing my Trance E+1 Pro around, and the only issues was a comms fault (Thanks Ride Control) and a blown out rear hub which were both fixed under warranty, even after the warranty perion had expired!
Did you bother downloading the RideControl App..I have installed it twice, and deleted it twice!, it used to be very glitchy and would fail on a regular basis, don't really need it unless you want to tinker with the assistance settings..
welcome to the dark side, Im sure there is a black cloak and hood you can borrow for the next acoustic bike sacrifice.

Minlak

custom titis
Looks great, how do you find the bars @Minlak and on an Eeb, do you find you 'sit up' more/straighter as opposed to a non eeb bike?
I usually got for a slightly longer stem with a rise then put 25 - 30mm rise bars on - Before I rode it I dropped it under a 10mm spacer on the stem to lower them a bit - just put them back to full height for Friday's ride. its upright enough my lower back doesnt hate me and takes some weight off the wrists and palms - Some of the video reviews I saw actually recommended more rise in the bars for these - the shop I got it at said they swap soo many of them to 40mm or 50mm rise its crazy - thats why they had the bars in stock

cammas

Seamstress
Hey @Minlak now you’ve had this a few months and the honeymoon is over, are you still enjoying it, any issues?
Currently looking at the same model so looking for some feedback, local bike shop said she can do one for $7500 which is nice chunk off the price.
As with your bars every review I’ve read says the same thing, it’s got a low stack height so put some higher rise bars on.

Minlak

custom titis
Hey @Minlak now you’ve had this a few months and the honeymoon is over, are you still enjoying it, any issues?
Currently looking at the same model so looking for some feedback, local bike shop said she can do one for $7500 which is nice chunk off the price.
As with your bars every review I’ve read says the same thing, it’s got a low stack height so put some higher rise bars on.
I added risers straight away and the shop I bought it from said they do heaps of bars for these bikes - No issues at all - to the point I have even convinced two other people to buy them - the price you can get them for now makes them amazing buying IMHO - it just works for me.

Would sell mine as I cant ride for a while yet if ever :( but that is the only reason - personally love the Yamaha motor and software integrations.

cammas

Seamstress
Thanks @Minlak I’m going to the e-bike because it’s either that or no real riding due to my health issues.
I’ve read you can get good mileage out the battery, around 50-60k’s with a couple thousand meters of vert if you don’t boost it everywhere, is that what you’re seeing?

Minlak

custom titis
Thanks @Minlak I’m going to the e-bike because it’s either that or no real riding due to my health issues.
I’ve read you can get good mileage out the battery, around 50-60k’s with a couple thousand meters of vert if you don’t boost it everywhere, is that what you’re seeing?
Longest ride so far was 50 ish kms with 1400 vert used half the battery - I usually get a bit less as I run it on level 4 all the time cause why not :)