Giant XTC Carbon 2012- 29er

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Giant XTC Carbon.29er
Fox RLC Fit 15 fork
Sram drive train (think XO) 20 speed.
Brake Elixir
Giant wheels Same as the Anthem from last year.
Price RRP 2999 so with a bit of neg maybe around $2700

Fork great but I would of rather had the XT drive train triple with the new XT brakes. But the rest of the package looks good.
There is only one spec.

How much would you get for a Sram Xo Group and brakes on Ebay if you wanted to sell the drive chain and brakes?

my XTC carbon 26 inch with full XT including wheels was $3500 RRP two years ago so can't really complain about the price.

Still not sure about going to a 29er, but they seem to be quicker around the You Yangs so might have to upgrade.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
So which model does this align closer to (from Giant US), the XTC 0 or the XTC1?

XTC 0 MSRP: $3675 http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/xtc.composite.29er.0.2012/8901/48585/

XTC 1 MSRP: $2500 http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/xtc.composite.29er.1.2012/8901/48586/

You mentioned it has X0, which would make align closer to the XTC 0, and therefore is better deal than the US retail price. (Of course, in the US NOBODY pays retail prices.)

Frameset is retail $1550, is it available in Australia as a frameset only?

And mmatrix, if you ever want to take a spin on a 29er at YY just let me know, I'm out there quite a bit and always on one of my three 29ers. (Titus, Ventana, True Fab)

shoogyboom

Likes Dirt
Saw one at the giant show last week. Look awesome. X0 rear, X9 front. Elixir 7's. I am thinking seriously of getting one but have had a 2011 Anthem x1 26" for 600 k's and don't want to have two bikes for the same purpose sought of thing. i guess the duallie might be good for longer or rougher rides. @mmatrix - I am same and would have liked XT everywhere. The XT on the anthem has been awesome.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
rearview:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/xtc.composite.29er/8901/48585/

That there is identical to the bike that was on the floor in Melb last week, (except the brakes maybe.... cant remeber them to well). $2999 asking price here makes me think that it might be the anthem X29 of 2012.
Looks like Giant has really adjusted their prices accordingly with the strong AUD. Well done to them, I reckon this XTC is going to be a hot seller. IF I get one I'll take the Chris King/Stan's Flow wheels off my Racer X and run the Marta SL brakes, other than the spec is pretty good for the dosh.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
So which model does this align closer to (from Giant US), the XTC 0 or the XTC1?

XTC 0 MSRP: $3675 http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/xtc.composite.29er.0.2012/8901/48585/

XTC 1 MSRP: $2500 http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/xtc.composite.29er.1.2012/8901/48586/

You mentioned it has X0, which would make align closer to the XTC 0, and therefore is better deal than the US retail price. (Of course, in the US NOBODY pays retail prices.)

Frameset is retail $1550, is it available in Australia as a frameset only?

And mmatrix, if you ever want to take a spin on a 29er at YY just let me know, I'm out there quite a bit and always on one of my three 29ers. (Titus, Ventana, True Fab)
yeah thanks , might take you up on that. thanks heaps

driftmonkey

Likes Bikes
was at the lbs last night and got to have a look at one of these. strait out of the box.

had a full x9 drivetrain with xo rear mech, avid brakes, but not the dt hubs, did have tubless ready rocked rons

on the scales it was 10.4kg for a large, minus pedals

it is a very nice looking bike. and the downtube was bigger than cadels legs.

retail was $2999.00 wich is preaty craisy compaired to the competition.

also saw the new xtc 0, looks pretty crap

and on of the new anthems x29. the white one. looked the goods

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
hubs

was at the lbs last night and got to have a look at one of these. strait out of the box.

had a full x9 drivetrain with xo rear mech, avid brakes, but not the dt hubs, did have tubless ready rocked rons

did hear the hubs internals are DT Swiss 350's but branded at Giant , looking fwd to checking it out.

krisko

Likes Dirt
Correct me if Im wrong but isn't that 200 grams lighter than last years Large XTC 29er.
Would make a nice light weight with 1x10, lighter wheels, seat post and bar.

-300 grams wheels Crest/AC Hubs
-150 grams seat post KCNC or similar
-100 grams bar, Giant carbon
-100grams foam grips
-350 ditch front derailerer,shifter, chainrings

9.7kg with pedals. Not bad

I bet we'll be seeing a lot of these getting around.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
sure will I would prob would have grabbed one of these instead of going the cheap china route.
I'm with you on that. After the initial hype wears off I bet $2500 for one is possible. Given the spec on it and the warranty it actually comes out even or better than piecing together a Chinese carbon bike.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
think this is going to be my next bike purchase - no rush will wait for price to hit around $2500, 10.5kg factory weight nice, not really a SRAM user but would give them a go. Would probably upgrade brakes to new XT, everything else looks pretty bomb proof. If you can't be quick on a bike like this, give up I reckon - there's no excuses!

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
just out of the box

IMG_1003.jpgIMG_1004.jpgIMG_1005.jpgIMG_1006.jpgIMG_1003.jpgIMG_1004.jpgIMG_1005.jpgIMG_1006.jpg
think this is going to be my next bike purchase - no rush will wait for price to hit around $2500, 10.5kg factory weight nice, not really a SRAM user but would give them a go. Would probably upgrade brakes to new XT, everything else looks pretty bomb proof. If you can't be quick on a bike like this, give up I reckon - there's no excuses!
looks good for the price, just arrived into the shop and the rep took it out of the box while i was waiting. only Large and XL available, smaller sizes don't arrive till end october.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks for posting pictures ... can't get them out of my head - that's a fine looking bicycle.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
Wow they are a great bike for the money - wish I had of had my ear to ground a bit more before I built my China 29er.
yes. but it will take a while before they become available due to demand for the entire bike. I am going the frameset route, because I want to build it lighter than the stock setup.