Tensinor: DMR
Rear cog: Chris king 16th
Pedals: XT clipin
Wheels: Deore Hubs, Sun Rhyno lite rims
Tyres: Front 2.1 kenda nevegal and 1.95 small block 8

Its almost finished.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Resembles my XTC single speed...except mine is made up of all the type of parts you rejected :)... oh and mine looks like crap while yours looks very nice.

Other SSers will suggest to get a frame with horizontal dropouts, but the XTC is so nice I just say no.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Half link chain?
Half link would I think work for 32:16, but I am currently running 32:17 as I am still building up strength for the endless steep hills where I ride and it just doesn't work.

Considering taking the plunge for an ENO eccentric hub soon.

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nothing wrong with a tensioner, once you ignore aesthetics :)rolleyes: ) they're damn practical! Easy to get the wheel out, a lot less hassle trying to juggle ratios if you're chasing chainstay length and springloaded ones also take up the slack of out-of-round chainring/sprockets which is a bonus.

screw loose

Likes Dirt
Awesome! Love the geo of the XTC's. . . I want one. Is it me or does the angle appear to rake out at a slightly slacker at the crown of those forks? Gotta find a way around that chain tensioner. I reckon grip might weld you on some horizontal drop outs. Or single link chain?

Looks like heaps of fun.

Matt Mead

Likes Bikes
Thanks guys it's lots of fun on the trail also kills you as well as u have to work hard. I've tryed doing magic gear and halflink and it's never been right so I'm happy running a tensinor. I will eventually get an eno rear hub when I build up a lighter wheelset as I plan to replace the XTC with a yeti hardtail. The fork is a little weird but it still works.

Matt Mead

Likes Bikes
Got a suspension fork, personlly dont like the look and they feel gay to ride on hahaha, It feels so unresponsive but there set to soft for my weight, i need to get a shock pump asap.

all it needs now is some avid elxir R and a wheel set with eno hub... then its done :)

JP

Likes Dirt
I have the same Kona rigid on my commuter. I reckon it's tops. Nice and tall and looks the goods, though some people may disagree. Groovy top tube sticker- I have a black one!