Gin, what is absolutely delicious

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A desire to drink less weight gaining beer (I like stout) has lead me to start drinking a lot more of the clear spirits like gin and vodka. I write this on my 2nd day of holiday's, drinking a nice Bombay Saphire lime and tonic. Only a one drink left of the 1ltr bottle from duty free.

In case anyone hasn't had the experience of amazingly good gin, I thought I'd list some of the best and around what they cost, in order of amazing to tasty:

Lark Pepperberry Gin: $~50 for 700ml
tanqueray OP: ~$80 for 700ml
Bombay Saphire: ~$45 for 700ml or $25 for 1ltr at duty free

The Lark Pepperberry gin is by far the best gin I've ever had. It has a whole dimension that other gins don't. The Tanqueray is fantastic with a little San Pellegrino just to take the edge off.

One other drink I've been into lately is Zubrowka bison grass vodka. It is so good with a little water or apple juice or just straight on ice. It has such a refreshing unique flavour and it costs the same as a bottle of Smirnoff crap.

So there's my list of favourite clears, feel free to add any suggestions. Nothing refreshes like a gin and tonic I'll tell you that and this is coming from a serial beer brewer/drinker.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
+1 on Zubrowka vodka. Actually nice to add a little different twist to some cocktails, too.

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like Tanq Ten and have heard good things about Hendricks Gin. Try them with dry instead of tonic for a refreshing bevvy.

And yeah, +1 to Polish vodkas (Wyborowa is another). On the Polish thing, I had some Goldwasser last week and it was also pretty good (you don't drink gold leaf every day).

On that tangent, there's some tasty schnapps around too like Berentzen (the Saurer Apfel rocks) and Barenjager (sweet, sweet honey).

Ah alcohol, where would we be without you?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Hendricks is an absolute f***ing stormer especially with cucumber instead of lime!

It's a tad pricey though which is a shame- especially considering it's made in the same place that produces most of the uk's cheap and nasty budget vodka and whisky

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll have to try some Hendricks. Seems about the same price as Tank N0 10. I really need to go over seas again.

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I never was much of gin drinker until a coworker whipped up a Hendricks + tonic and cucumber, and now I'm in love. I must go through 3 or 4 of these at work each night. Something I definitely recommend to our gin drinking patrons.

scblack

Leucocholic
Probably my favourite drink is a "Moscow Mule".

Shot of vodka, equal shot of lime, fill tall glass with dry ginger. Ahhhhh. A summer, hot days winner.

Drew.

Eats Squid

Shot of vodka, equal shot of lime, fill tall glass with dry ginger. Ahhhhh. A summer, hot days winner.
Ahhh man! Sounds amazing! ahah. I'm not usually a clear spirits drinker, but have been introduced to a few coctails lately that changes my opinion on them, i'll have to try one of those 'Hendricks' tonight. Still prefer Scotch. :p

Graunched

Likes Dirt

You would probably enjoy a Jamacan Mule then, one of my all time favourites on a hot summer day, or any day for that matter.
One shot of Appleton Estate V/X Rum, dash of lime and the rest dry ginger. Don't be put off rum by the noxious shite that is brewed in Bundaberg.

samm.atkins

Cannon Fodder
the easiest gin that i have ever had was Cork Dry Gin. made in Cork in Ireland. pretty much non existant around aus but was so nice. chuck some apple juice in it and it was delicous on the cold irish nights