Girl rides into piano wire trap in park in Melbourne

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its a terrible thing when the public tries to control problems like these with their own hands. Luckily the young girl didn't recieve serious injuries from the piano wire as it is quite deadily when hit at speed. I hope the culprits get caught for this cowardly act and i hope prosecution is given!

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Highly probable that it was a local...maybe an elderly person...sick of the noise of mini bikes etc?

We have had a few instances like that down here where people have strung wire across a road. Although unfortunate, a woman drove through it, making a meal of her windscreen but better the windscreen then someones neck eh?

It is horrible and I think, one of the worst things one can do to anyone...

R33F

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree with 'S' on this totally.

I hope she recovers quickly and isn't too afraid to get back on a bike.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Its a terrible thing when the public tries to control problems like these with their own hands. Luckily the young girl didn't recieve serious injuries from the piano wire as it is quite deadily when hit at speed. I hope the culprits get caught for this cowardly act and i hope prosecution is given!
It's such a dangerous thing to do that any culprits should be charged with attempted murder if they get caught. A piano wire is very strong and could easily crush your windpipe, break your neck, or smash the bones in your face.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Piano wire could also slice straight through the fleshy parts of your neck!

Honestly, how could the perpetrators not have considered an outcome like this. You've got to be pretty mentally deficient, selfish and obsessed to take actions like this.

Public shaming, gaol for attempted murder and a quiet 5 mins alone with the parents.

JDB

Likes Dirt
I know a guy who rode into a clothes line as a kid, his voice is stuffed and he has a nasty scar, and thats from a big thick clothes line, I can only imagine how much damage a very thin wire could cause.

Cranx

Likes Bikes
That has got to be one of the most sickening things I've read. Obviously, their victim was not meant to be an eight year old, but someone who was bigger and heavier and going faster. The consequences could have been devastating.

Only humans are so callous/selfish/malicious to their own kind.

I hope the little girl has no lasting injuries, either physical or mental.

Bakes

Squid
the person responsible for such an act should be sentenced to death by hanging.... using piano wire! see how they like it..... complete stupidity!

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
that is F#*king disgusting, hope who put it up gets caught, then beaten to a pulp, thrown in jail then beaten again.

certainly hope the little girl has a full recovery & no ill disturbing trauma from what she went through.

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Only humans are so callous/selfish/malicious to their own kind.
Der fred - it wasn't a human, it was piano wire:rolleyes:.

Obviously a disgruntled steinway or something...

And yes, the sort of piano that would do this is very selfish, stupid - to do that it would have to be a complete sociopath, I mean sociopiano.. I pity them for being so effing dumb to actually think this was a way of solving a problem.

tnankie

Likes Dirt
point of order it was fencing wire as it clearly says in the linked article.

(Yes its still bad but I am amazed that no-one picked it up)

I really hope the family lays charges because that is attempted murder isn't it?. Stupid people don't think about the consequences to there actions. I bet it would have been a young person.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
That is so sick, that someone could think to do such a thing, and not comprehend the dire consequences of such an action. An older, heavier person, doing a few more clicks could've easily been decapitated.
Some people are sick, I hope they are feeling very guilty and turn themselves in.

piano wire

that is the stupiedest things ever to do even if people are riding moto's how would they like it to happen to them wtf

andrew_o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is down right stupid! Yes I can understand that morons and minibikes are down right annoying but, did it ever occur that they could kill someone:mad: Or that was their exact intention maybe? Anyway they should leave the law to the police!

Rik

logged out
As much as I dislike media beatups, it'd be good for this to get a bit of attention to pile on the guilt.

M|ke

Likes Dirt
i think we are all missing the point

"daughter was knocked off her bike when she rode into the wire at West Park, between 8pm and 9pm on Saturday night."

why is an 8 year old girl riding a bike in a park so late at night??? there is more to this case then meets the eye

but on a more serious note, this isnt an anusual thing. It has been gion on for years from farmers and people who live near park (mainly national parks) trying to take the law into there own hands trying to stop motrbike riders
i rarely will ever ride my bike through parks anymore but this idea of tieing wire to trees is just f'd
do these guys think they deserve a medal for being a hero??