Girls in the Newcastle area?

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
I've moved to Newcastle this year from Melbs, have also started to ride a lot more and generally ride with my boyfriend. But having met Shineslike - another budding female rider - just recently after the Scott I was just wondering if there are any other girls out there in the Newy area?

From what I can see on the HMBA race results there are very few girls racing on their monthly race days. I wonder if that's because there a very few girls full stop or they are lurking and not racing?

:D so any girls in the Newy area... say hello!

shineslike

Likes Bikes
ha ha - i thought that was you pinkbike! it's funny how a couple of words of a forum can give someone away...

as such, i will say hi from newcastle here too. although i am still a definite newby, with a new bike under my legs, i think you can count me as someone who will be riding a lot more this summer.

Cap

Likes Dirt
I don't see or know of alot of female mtb(ers) in the Newy area. If racing appeals to you, maybe get out to the HMBA round this weekend and say hello to any female riders. My wife races out there as well as a few others. I'm sure they would welcome the chance to expand their social network of female riders.

GrooveJet

Likes Bikes
Yeah I ride in Newy, but I dont race at club rounds...or any rounds really. I ride XC usually at Glenrock or Ourimbah. Have been VERY slack of late and have only been commuting to/from work on my SS.

Am happy to meet up for some rides with anyone keen. :) I really need to get some kms into my legs STAT!

shineslike

Likes Bikes
so, there are a few of us, but it's not a strong contingent... or maybe everyone has just been in the woodworks. we can get some girls riding together maybe? i am not quite ready for competing at hmba, although am going to do some rides at awaba soon to get to know the track a little better. and we shall see what the summer shall bring.

am doing chix at speed in manly this weekend, so hopefully shall continue to upskill on the bike. then i just need to add experience, fitness and lots of miles in the legs.

katt

Cannon Fodder
Hi,

I would be keen to ride around the Newy area. I have ridden in Glenrock a few times and always enjoy it. I'm not really into the racing scene yet, but would like to get there eventually. And always keen to meet new people :)

shineslike

Likes Bikes
hi katt! sorry - haven't been on here in a little while.

does anyone want to organise a chick's ride in newie sometime, maybe around glenrock?

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
likewise - I've been in exam lockdown mode. Definitely up for a ride although probably not before christmas because we're going to NZ on Friday :D

Tilly Horman

Cannon Fodder
Hi
I live on the Hawkesbury, near the Brooklyn end. I've been riding for about 2 years now. With my school team we've done quite a few races: Scott 24hr (2008 + 2009), Ourimbah Fat Tyre (2008 + 2009) All Schools (2009) and lots of 8 and 12 hr races. I'm always looking for new tracks and people to ride with coz I agree that there is a massive age gap of girls missing in mountain biking!

shineslike

Likes Bikes
newcastle women's ride network

hey everyone,

today i took out one of my mates into glenrock today, and it was great fun. girls really do ride differently! and it really stood out to me that we need to start a girl's ride network in newcastle. there are actually heaps of us girls who ride - we just don't know one another.

so if you are interested in being part of a women's ride network in newcastle, maybe pm me your details (phone and email) and we can hook up a group ride where everyone can meet one another, and then go out once a month or so.

or, if you know of any chicks who might be interested, then invite them along to it too. we can have some laughs, ride some different trails, and help each other push to do new things too (once you see another girl ride part of a trail, somehow it seems a bit more doable).

cheers!

Just letting you girls know im in and still keen for any ladies to join me for a ride in the arvo's at Ourimbah after 5pm if you live in the area and want to get some Km's up on the bike. Looking forward to joinging you girls on a ride soon!:cool:

shineslike

Likes Bikes
hey newie girls,

at pikeycentralcoast's suggestion, i have started a facebook group for the hunter women ride network. hopefully it will prove to be a good way to organise rides etc.

cheers.

Beegony09

Squid
Girls in the Newcastle area

I think nothings been mentioned yet, just incase Lloyd is still in the competition. They cant publish this can they? Because what would the public then think of Cheryl, for choosing one act over the other?

shineslike

Likes Bikes
girl's ride this sunday

hi folks,

the inaugural newcastle girl's ride is going to take place this coming sunday at 8am, meeting at the gunclub road entrance to glenrock. if you want to come along, just feel free to rock on up. hopefully we will get a few people. and i am thinking of bringing scones and tea or something for after the ride. huzzah! might as well make it a fun social event all round.

looking forward to seeing anyone who can make it.