Girls Section Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Likes Bikes
Hey,
Ive seen you all talking about getting more girls into the sport so i though id mention about another forum i am on "utez" and they have a forum section dedicated to girls. Maybe us girls should get our own section to?? ;) :p

kerbdrop

Likes Dirt
Ridemonkey, MTBR, NSMB all have really good women forums... when i was trying to find out more about WSD and female seats for my partner, gold!

My partner is sort of slowly warming to mtb, but if she knew of other girls out there who ride, and if she could talk to you'se, i think she'd really find her comfy corner in the MTB scene.

One thing though it would be best to have the section modded by women as well, so that it is steered and directed towards discussions relevant to women riders.

Also, a warning that it is NOT an online dating forum wouldn't go amiss ;)

toodles

Wheel size expert
Another forum I'm on has a women's only section that can't be accessed by everybody. Something like that might be a better idea on here.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I think that is a really good idea. If a few more threads were started where women riders could contribute then farkin.net would have another valueable asset. Great suggestion.:D

scblack

Leucocholic
Another forum I'm on has a women's only section that can't be accessed by everybody. Something like that might be a better idea on here.
As long as I have access, thats a great idea.:D

Edit - I do think that is a VERY good idea - a few threads/posts on here have been by young guys with very little tact or idea. Keeping that element out would make the females feel much more welcome/secure.

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im all for that idea!

it would be awsome for women to have their own section so that dickheads like kona*stinky and every 12 year old cant access it and destroy it like so many other threads/fourms.

a few quick Q for the mods.
when we signed up did we say what sex we were?
would you have to apply for it like trading?
would you make one that is privet like the mods section. and one that is generally so us guys can get advice from the female point of view?

blake

Mandy

Likes Bikes
The forum i was referring to the boys can go in there too, which may be okay for a start. I suggested it as i wouldnt mind going out on the trials with other girls.
even if it was private with only male mods allowed in? But yeah i think if you tried either private or public and it was popular it would be great to have both

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The forum i was referring to the boys can go in there too, which may be okay for a start. I suggested it as i wouldnt mind going out on the trials with other girls.
even if it was private with only male mods allowed in? But yeah i think if you tried either private or public and it was popular it would be great to have both
i agree with you. i just cant stand all the little dickheads that constant annoy the girls on this fourm. ffs just go onto a dating site!

that why it would be good to have a female only section that the kiddes cant get into

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Come one, I was joking and I think it would be a great idea.
I also think it would be good to have a girls only forum.

I'm sorry if my joke came off the wrong way....

alexb618

Likes Dirt
i dont think farkin is ready for a womens only forum either

it is a good idea but i can see it becoming chaos because of all the kids on here...

tu plang

knob
I think restricted access would be the way to go, i think theres definitely enough male members out there that know their stuff as well as being mature who could contribute (obviously in addition to the female contribution) to make it worth while. i think making it women only would be counterproductive, purely because there's a wealth of knowledge around this place.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
i dont think farkin is ready for a womens only forum either
as stated above, i don't think it would be a problem if only female members could post in it. for a start, i doubt there would be much moderating needed, as it seems to be the stupid kids that create the majority of shit-fights etc on the general forums, anyway.

also, if it was set up so that only female members could post, but all members could read, then if a male member had constructive advice in response to whatever question was posed, they could easily just PM the member.

sounds like a good idea to me

tu_plang said:
i think making it women only would be counterproductive, purely because there's a wealth of knowledge around this place.
read above..

S.

ex offender
I think restricted access would be the way to go, i think theres definitely enough male members out there that know their stuff as well as being mature who could contribute (obviously in addition to the female contribution) to make it worth while. i think making it women only would be counterproductive, purely because there's a wealth of knowledge around this place.
Yeah, but on the other hand it's not like they're being imprisoned there... they can still post questions in the main forums if they feel the need.

tu plang

knob
Yeah, but on the other hand it's not like they're being imprisoned there... they can still post questions in the main forums if they feel the need.
oh right, i guess i had this vision of a forum called "the kitchen" and that would be their little world :p

Well there goes any chance of me posting in any such a forum

kerbdrop

Likes Dirt
I was thinking it'd be a place to post women's MTB issues, but open for anyone to post.

as long as the poster has something relevant to post, post away.

BUT there should be clear guidelines set about behaviour that is reasonably expected of anyone using the forum.

Any irrelevant/offensive comments immediately deleted.

But i can see this being a real benefit to the farkin community by providing an avenue for mtb'ing girls out there to communicate in a non-threatening environment, not to be put off with derogatory comments

G-Man

Likes Dirt
For sure - Girls section is a plus

Good example of why it should be a women ONLY section.

Kona*Stinky, you're an idiot.
Good call Johnny - agree totaly ..

Lucky Foxy didn't see this one as
she would have been hunting for him ..

Well deleted Squid-miester ..

Mtb Chicks Rock - I say give them a section of
there own as they would be less aprehencive ( sp )
to speak up and be heard on issues that they may be
interested in like - Girl specific questions like W/S saddles , women
specific rigs , sizes and parts and what not ..

Us nutter blokes dont alwais cover subject matter they
would be interested getting involved in - well i know
i go on with alot of c r a p any way - at least that's
what Foxy alwais tells me - gota love her ..

Catch yas

G-man outy

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Im all for a womens section on here so they can discuss things, organise rides etc. My girl friend would love it, she would probably ride her bike more if she other females to ride with :D

*mini rant*

Im not really down with the idea of locking it so only women members to go in there. They have womens rooms like that at uni where men can't go, where is the mens room where no nagging women are allowed? I thought restricting access to anything based on sex or race was discrimination?

God dam it, i want my own forum on here where only people 25+ can go to escape the little STP groms on here!

It could have a password setup, be like the old adult only amstrad or commodore 64 games where you had to answer some obscure question that only older people would know :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.