Giro-Xen Helmet

dave3107

Likes Bikes
Anyone have any experience with the Giro-Xen Helmet? Thinking seriously about getting one. PRICE? Value?
Cheers!:)

fop1

Likes Bikes
I cant tell you about the xen, cause I went the met kaos, it's a pretty similar helmet and it fits great. looks good too.

joe79

Likes Dirt
I was looking at one a while back, and was informed that they don't meet Australian Standards, and hence aren't available in shops here. You could purchase one online, but there's a bit of a legal grey area if you were to be involved in a serious crash while wearing a non AS approved helmet.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Not so much as don't meet, or are unable to meet, but haven't been submitted for testing and approval, and the importer doesn't think the sales will justify the expense. Legal gray area etc., etc., anyway I heard once, some enterprising person with a hard-on for rules once tried to have competitors disqualified for using helmets which weren't standards approved. I'm pretty sure this didn't get up, and I'd say the advice from insurers had a bit to do with it. Anyway, when you're on a bike, pretty much the worst thing that will ever happen to you will be being hit by a car. If you're on your own, and a bit lucky, someone will find you before you die, and get medical help for you. No one, least of all you, will be taking down the helmet model and checking the fine print for approval.

dave3107

Likes Bikes
Bought it!

Oh well, I bought it anyway and I'm extremely happy with it - VERY good fit, light and seems strong. Cross fingers!:eek: