Gladstone or Maroochydore XC Trails

Nmag

Likes Dirt
Hi,

I'll be flying to Gladstone and Maroochydore for work in March. I can spend a day at one (only) of these places and check out the trails while there. Which place (Gladstone or Maroochydore) has a better network of XC Trails?

Thanks for your info and help.

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Nmag

There are no trails at Maroochydore as such, but you can go up to Mapleton and there is a tonne of trails (30 mins drive from M'dore). You should take someone local with you here as the forest is BIG - and it's easy to get lost. You can ride an entire day here without crossing the same trail.

Also up at Noosa in the Tewantin State Forest (Woori) there are plenty of trails (30 mins drive from M'dore). Hard to get lost here, so riding solo more applicable.

I can't comment on the Gladstone trails as I haven't been there.

Get on the MTBdirt website and you can see the trail maps & directions there.

Regards

Eyes

Last edited:

DaGonz

Eats Squid
I can't comment on the Gladstone trails as I haven't been there.
There used to be some moto sniggle in the state forrest out past Clinton/Trees Estate. There was also technical firetrail & sniggle past the botanic Gardens and used to be a downhill down One Tree hill. I still have a mate who rides downhill down Mt Larcom but not sure what the pickings are like XC wise out that way

I escaped from the fantatistic scenery of the Caustic Red Mud ponds & Mangroves some 10 years ago so it is likely to have changed. whether there's anything worth riding there is a whole different story ;)

may be able to get in touch with a mate and find out for you though

Cheers
Gonz

there is a bit out the state forrest behind clinton but housing developments have ruined most of it. there is some good riding but you have to know where to go. mt larcom is good if youv got a dh bike but you gotta walk to the top. basically a wc track. think val d sole from last years worlds, no shit. not many people ride that anymore. cc riding is not really worth the drive.