Glenrock damage

louestah

Likes Bikes
So today I headed up to glenrock for the second time to check out the damage, this time to look at the old DH tracks. Woah! first cruisy run down i wasnt even sure if i was on the track or not because it all looks the same now! For anyone not knowing what this is about, there was a bush fire that tore through glenrock. The tracks are now wide open and covered in burnt out leaves which are very slippery. The whole area is black with burnt trees standing tall and leaves scattering the ground, you are now able to see almost from top to bottom of the hill. Capture.jpg

Here is a screenshot from the gopro, your almost able to go straight down the middle and play a game of 'dodge the trees'

sucks but hopefully it will grow back and be back to normal in time.

glorydays

Likes Dirt
you realise just becuase you can see straight down the hill doesnt mean that you cant corner still yea? 3 runs of riding and the track wouldnt be slippery any more. get into it. the first 3 runs on non worn in tracks are always the funnest and loosest!

willsy01

Eats Squid
Riding the tracks that have always been there wont be damaging anything.
Yup. We were allowed back into the RNP after a hazard reduction burn (that was allowed to get quite out of control mind you) immediately after they'd declared it safe. The problem was that it stunk and if you brushed any trees you ended up covered in black stuff.

louestah

Likes Bikes
Yup. We were allowed back into the RNP after a hazard reduction burn (that was allowed to get quite out of control mind you) immediately after they'd declared it safe. The problem was that it stunk and if you brushed any trees you ended up covered in black stuff.
it smells so much in glenrock still after a week

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I know of plenty of trails in Australia that could do with a good back burn to clean them up, too many people concentrate on fancy signs and using bloody blowers to clear leaves off instead of keeping the lines open and the trail clear.
Hopefully in this case the fire hasn't damaged anything other than the grass.