DH Glory update. + bike on bike action ;)

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is how my Glory looked on todays ride @ 19.3kg

After the ride @ 18.5kg

Things in red have changed!
  • Frame: 06' Giant Glory 8.8" Fox DHX 4 w/ Ti spring
  • Forks: 05' Boxxer Races w/ 07' Team stickers
  • Wheelset: MTX 33's laced to Hope Pro II Front and Ringle Rear with DT swiss champion spokes
  • Cranks: Saints 38T
  • Bars: FUNN Fatboy (may cut a bit off to save weight)
  • Brakes: Juicy 3's, w/ 8" rotors
  • Seatpost: Raceface (may cut to half the size to save weight)
  • Chainguide: MRP G2
  • Stem: Sunline Direct Mount
  • Grips: ODI Ruffian
  • Cassette: shimano XT
  • Shifter: Sram Attack
  • Derailluer: Shimano XT
  • Pedals: BBB Pedals replacable pics
  • Tyres: Kenda Nevegal Stick-E 2.35 (temporary - weight saver)
  • Tubes: XC Tubes (weight saver)
  • Seat: Giant DH carbon race seat
I also may cut the bumper on the forks to half the size to save weight.
after the mini adjustment of the kendas and xc tubes i got my glory under 18 kg!!!!!!!! f%#$ yeah :). its around 18.5 kg :) and i can lose a bit more!!
any other suggestions..... i am still thinking singles. (dont say ditch the wheels because they are brand new)

anddd......
as promised.
some bike on bike action ;)

samarki

Banned
nice bikes... if you realy want too loose weight on your glory get XT cranks, get hayes stroker trails (more power less weight) and get a saint or E13 chainring...

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt

after the mini adjustment of the kendas and xc tubes i got my glory under 18 kg!!!!!!!! f%#$ yeah :). its around 18.5 kg :) and i can lose a bit more!!

under 18kg means in the 17kg range yours is under 19kg

as good as you think that is 2.35 kendas will probably last half a run with xc tubes before you flat

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
under 18kg means in the 17kg range yours is under 19kg

as good as you think that is 2.35 kendas will probably last half a run with xc tubes before you flat
i am very aware of this.
a sacrifice i am willing to make.
for now.

yes i will prob go back to the minions after chrissy.
and will be running them at buller.

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Definitly go the singles. Was it you that had Totems on it before? Ditch the boxxers and get Totem Solo Air's. There a excellent fork and drop about 500grams from boxxers. I found a SDG I-Beam setup is very light (or hacksaw your current seatpost to the shit....).

Other than that, run Maxxis Freeride Tubes instead of xc tubes and go back to Minions for your own safety :cool:

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its a nice bike, as i've probably commented in your other thread.. but was it worth making a whole new thread for some new tyres and some xc tubes?

Feel free to correct me if I've missed something..

BikeFx

Likes Dirt
Hey! If your thinking of getting singles, then i would reccomend that you get totems, i have totems on my glory and i seriously cant explain how good they feel! that and they look awesome!
Cheers! :)

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey! If your thinking of getting singles, then i would reccomend that you get totems, i have totems on my glory and i seriously cant explain how good they feel! that and they look awesome!
Cheers! :)
but totems are way up there in the $$$.
66's seem good for their price :)

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but totems are way up there in the $$$.
66's seem good for their price :)
Which model are you looking at? Just a warning, SL-1 ATAs seem to have problems with air leakage (fixed with another seal) and mine have some serious wind down, which is also an easy fix.

Other than that, they're super plush, seemingly bottomless if you run a good setup. A great fork.