• Giant Glory 07

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • GT DH-i

Votes: 32 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sleeman

Likes Dirt
Ok, can't really speak about the Giant at all, bounced around on one in a car park, felt nice, but not really a true indication of the ride characteristics.

But I do own a GT DHi, and come from an XC background, and have to admit that it pedals surprisingly well. I have a 38 tooth ring on the front, and can ride back UP all but the really steep tracks. It has a slightly higher BB as well, which allows you to pedal more often in the rough stuff. With a smooth pedal stroke, the rear end barely seems to move at all.

Sorry I can't shed any light on the comparison with the Giant, but the previous comment about the GT being better because it is based on an XC setup is a little off the mark. Yes the GT is an i-drive, which is present through the XC range as well, but the Giant has the Maestro suspension setup, which is used through their XC range and everything in between. So both suspension designs are designed with efficiency in mind. One just might suit your style better than the other. Tough call though, both bikes come with an equally good build, may come down to which colour you prefer...

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Most DHi,s I have seem have cracked. The 08 has been beefed in the head tube area. They are a weapon of a bike but and have great parts, also light.
Glorys are a good bike and good parts for the price but a bit heavy. Mate has one and keeps having trouble with DU bushings but it may be a one off problem. Rides well but he wishes it was lighter.

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
what's the story Morning "GLORY"

luvin mine to death, however gt is a quality bike aswell, I use to own an LTS Boomerang DH it was the shizz.

cappa

Likes Bikes
hey mate, i have a 07 glory and it is the best investment i have made, it improved my riding so much more than my previous bike and becouse of it my racing has been getting better. also it was said that the gt has a higher bottom bracket for better pedaling but with the low bottom bracket on the glory and the lowww centre of gravity it means it is realy stable and corners extremly well. the glory is prity cheap too and nothing realy needs to be changed on it.
so my vote is for the glory and have you though about making a poll on the topick.

Giantrider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have to say go the glory.. They are common bike but thats a good thing, i there were so few like the dh-i then you'd know they weren't that great. Th dh-i is a awesome bike but the 07 ones have problems with the swingarm breaking just like all the previous dh-i's. Its not a instant thing it happens over time. Go with the glory you wont look back, hase great parts and a awesome frame. The dh-i has great parts just not a long term tough dh frame, frame breakages dont happen to all just a few. Save yourself the trouble get the glroy.

psychosteve

Likes Dirt
i say go the glory to. it looks better rides better feels better and i reakon it would be stronger to. i have a giant dh team and i reakon its a really strong bike. so seen the glory is a giant i say get the GLORY!

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i say go the glory to. it looks better rides better feels better and i reakon it would be stronger to. GLORY!
Got any proof to back that up with. Never ridden a DHI but from what I have seen and heard they are a quick bike. Every glory I've had experience with has felt like a complete slug. The geo and strength may be good bike as a race bike I know which I'd choose.

chuckies_here

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Poll

Is now a poll

I rode a GT DH-i yesterday and it felt awsome, now all i have to do is ride them one after the other.

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
Got any proof to back that up with. Never ridden a DHI but from what I have seen and heard they are a quick bike. Every glory I've had experience with has felt like a complete slug. The geo and strength may be good bike as a race bike I know which I'd choose.

how many have you owned:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Have you taken the time to set it up to your riding style;):rolleyes:

connor

Squid
i myself have ridin both the bike down the same mountain on the same day, so.... if i had a choice i would go the glory...for me it felf better to the GT. It could take more of a beating then the GT and was smoother... also the Glory is heaps cheeper then the GT and still rides just as good if not better.

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I recently was in a similar position to where you are now. I purchased a 06 Glory last month and find that it is a very good bang for your buck bike. I have ridden it at a few DH tracks for the little time i have had it. I feel that it is very stable at speed through rock gardens and fixes us rider error easily. Yes it is heavy but once you keep going it seems to hold its speed. I am currently making mine lighter by changing bars, stem, seat, seatpost, forks, wheels and hubs. After riding about 5 DH bikes in my last 1.5yrs i can say the Glory is my favourite bar none.

However i cannot comment on the GT. I have heard that they pedal like crazy and are a great DH rig. They have a excellent spec and they are only 18kg stock!

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how many have you owned:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Have you taken the time to set it up to your riding style;):rolleyes:
How many DHIs have you owned? Don't worry I don't have a vendetta against Giants. My previous dh bike was a dh comp and I am now on a faith after considering a glory, I am a massive fan. It is simply my opinion that as a thoroughbred race bike the stock DHI will be a better than a stock glory.

From all that I've read the GT sounds like the better of the two. The Glory would probably be the more budget option and still a top bike. I'd say it's up to personal preference.

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
How many DHIs have you owned? Don't worry I don't have a vendetta against Giants. My previous dh bike was a dh comp and I am now on a faith after considering a glory, I am a massive fan. It is simply my opinion that as a thoroughbred race bike the stock DHI will be a better than a stock glory.

None, but i have had 2 GT LTS's before. ;) I think you have misunderstood what i was saying. the way i read you post was that you have owned a couple of giant glory's & that if you didn't like the first one why would you go get another thinking it would be any different.

your opinion is of value, cause i would like to have a crack on a dhi one day to see what it is like. :D

i just really like my glory because it feels nearly the same as what the gt lts dh did.:)

ohalrighthen

Likes Bikes
AMB mag voted it the best against the DH i and plenty other DH bikes
Correct,

GT DHi was voted the best all rounder by AMB Mag review against the Giant Glory, Cannondale Judge, Morwood Izmui, Mongoose EC DH and a weird Kiwi Lahar with it's carbon frame and internal transmission. Glory however was the best bang for your buck bike in the shootout.

I am not in a position to personally say which is a better bike, because I've never ridden either in anger, just bounced up and down both of them in a bike trade show. I do recall GT feeling lighter than Glory but then maybe that was just me.

I just got my copy of Laws of Five DVD from Dirt Mag and it was interesting to see that both GT DHi & Glory are a bit of a rare sight in last years World Cup events. Only factory riders like Bryn Atkinson and Dave Wardell who rides for GT, and Rob Warner / Jared Rando & Amiel Cavalier use the the Glory respectively. Did not see any semi-pros or privateers on either GT or Giant. Most of them seemed to be on either Santa Cruz V-10s and Iron Horse Sunday, with a few oddities such as Nico Vink on a Trek Session 10 and Sam Blenisinkopwhatishisname (sp?) on the Turner DHR. Hmmm....both VPP & DW-Link design....unusual why Giant with it's very similar Maestro design isn't as popular overseas.

Last edited: