• No i dont wear Gloves

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Somtimes

Votes: 18 15.4%

• Total voters

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gloves FTW

haha gloves = hands not slipping off the bars, simple. if its a wet rainy day then the grips will be wet so its harder to hold on and if its a really hot day then you'll sweat and have no grip. Even on a good day when the weather is great it still means you don't get that black stuff that comes of the grips when you rub on them ( what ever colours your grips are i mean). And ignoring all that they help protect your hands from a small graze if you wash out and it slides along the ground, won't do anything about a big crash or rock but hey, they're not designed for it.

so wear gloves, oh and get red ones cause they make you go faster :)

kaji

Likes Dirt
full fingered all the way - street, xc, enduro, jumping, even commutting :) plus you get that wicked tan line that just screams pro!

mcurrie

Likes Dirt
gloves are over rated!!!!
i do gloveless and ive stacked numerious of times and havent done anything to my hands!!! :cool:

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gloves are over rated!!!!
i do gloveless and ive stacked numerious of times and havent done anything to my hands!!! :cool:
yeah but on that same note what happens if you do come off? I remember this one time when i came off, wasn't wearing gloves and naturally put my hand down to break my fall. I had about 3 rocks each about 1/2cm across lodged under the skin of my hands and wasn't able to get them out for ages, probs wouldn't have happened if i had the extra layer on

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
I used to ride every single day and race like every weekend... Gave it up about a year ago though.

Not wearing gloves is for fags! Wear gloves you hobo's

JimmyG

Likes Bikes
haha gloves = hands not slipping off the bars, simple. if its a wet rainy day then the grips will be wet so its harder to hold on and if its a really hot day then you'll sweat and have no grip. Even on a good day when the weather is great it still means you don't get that black stuff that comes of the grips when you rub on them ( what ever colours your grips are i mean). And ignoring all that they help protect your hands from a small graze if you wash out and it slides along the ground, won't do anything about a big crash or rock but hey, they're not designed for it.

so wear gloves, oh and get red ones cause they make you go faster :)
hahaha agreed mad post

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
You can get these super thin slip on elastic gloves, i was in love with them when i used to ride.

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
If you not wearing gloves and you come off and you dont scratch up your hands big time, your not going fast enough...

nskz

Likes Dirt
I think it's just a bit of a trend, kind of like wide bars but with without the benefits. Kids see people like Blenky pinning with no gloves and it goes into the 'cool basket'.

When you crash what's the first thing that goes out to inhibit your fall?..Your hands. Personally, I want as much protection as I can get on those suckers for when they are grinding along the ground. After looking at the palms of my gloves after a few crashes i'm bloody thankful I was wearing them. Good gloves with leather palms with take an absolute trashing before you start wearing skin off...seems like a no brainer.

aussiemx

Likes Dirt
I think it's just a bit of a trend, kind of like wide bars but with without the benefits. Kids see people like Blenky pinning with no gloves and it goes into the 'cool basket'.

When you crash what's the first thing that goes out to inhibit your fall?..Your hands. Personally, I want as much protection as I can get on those suckers for when they are grinding along the ground. After looking at the palms of my gloves after a few crashes i'm bloody thankful I was wearing them. Good gloves with leather palms with take an absolute trashing before you start wearing skin off...seems like a no brainer.
actually my face goes down first xD duno why though? :confused:

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
Yea I pretty much wear them all the time. I hate them though so I usually wear XC gloves or something equally as thin. You get a much better feel for the bike and brakes when you have no gloves/thin gloves. Having thick DH gloves makes me feel less in control (yea I know I'm weird).

Unfortunately hands are the often the first things to take the impact of the fall and thus are easy to damage so you're forced to wear gloves (much like your head is far too important to injure so you're forced to wear a helmet... generally speaking)