GMBC / Forrest MTB and cycling club 3 hour

sossy

Saucier
HI Folks,

This race has been mentioned in a few various threads, but thought I would put it out there on its own.

With the unfortunate cancellation of the Crazy 6 hour scheduled for this sat 30th April, Forrest MTB and Cycling Club and GMBC have joined forces to put together a 3 hour race in Forrest on the day.

The course will be a shortened version of the Forrest 6 hour course to be used on the 5th June, so a great preview of what to expect.

Race will cost you $30 for the 3 hour, plus an MTBa day licence if you dont have a licence.

Racing will get underway at 10am, entries are limited to solo and pair entries. The field is strictly limited, entries will automatically shut off when the capacity is reached.

There is no limit to the break down of solo / pairs places available, purely a first in best dressed situation, once the field cap is reached, entries will close.

Entries are open now at www.forrest6hour.com.au/3hour so don't delay, get on board.

Should be a fun day out.

Cheers
Rich Grant

sossy

Saucier
When the last 56 spots are filled.

There will be no on the day entries above the field limit of 150. If you are thinking that you can drive a couple of hours and we wont turn you away if its over capacity, unfortunately you are wrong.

Forrest MTB and Cycling Club have taken care of the permit for us, with the field limits in place, we simply will not jeopardise the relationship with the land managers by going above that number. We hope you understand.

Entries are open, the race is in a couple of days, surely you know by now if you are going to make it?

JessD

Likes Dirt
why not...its just $30

When the last 56 spots are filled.

There will be no on the day entries above the field limit of 150. If you are thinking that you can drive a couple of hours and we wont turn you away if its over capacity, unfortunately you are wrong.

Forrest MTB and Cycling Club have taken care of the permit for us, with the field limits in place, we simply will not jeopardise the relationship with the land managers by going above that number. We hope you understand.

Entries are open, the race is in a couple of days, surely you know by now if you are going to make it?
Agree here, just get the leave pass, hop in the car with a few bottles a bike and a few gels, thats all you need to get you through an event like this.

We had a walk through of the course yesterday, its a really fun short and sharp version of the Forrest 6hr course with 2 small climbs that you wont even notice - serious!!!! its going to be fast and extreme fun.
The lap times will be around 15 mins me thinks.

$30 for trails you can actually ride, the better the rider the faster you can ride, even those starting out will have a hoot on this course.

JorgenY22

Likes Dirt
You're right. 95% of babies are not born on their due date. I like those odds. But I'm still not going. It's a pity I love that track.
<off track>
Right choice; I hope your delivery goes well mate. Just over 7 months ago for mine, started on Thursday midnight (almost Friday AM) when we were both exhausted from a long week... and was delivered Saturday ~19:00. Now, _that's_ a marathon... Get any sleep you can in now, whilst you still can :)

Oh and he's crawling around now :D Can't wait to get him on a bike..!
</off track>

adaib

Likes Dirt
The forcast is saying a little rain for the region. Which means BUCKETS in Forrest. I'm registered for the solo. I'm keen for some mud.
But i'm wondering, what shape are the trails in now? They were average during otway, but that was after a large number of riders.
Should i pack the 'hardcore mudtyres' ? or should i be sweet to just man up and run the 'damp and soggy' mud tyres?

btothec

Likes Dirt
The only reason the Otway Odyssey course turned into such a mudfest was the 50-100 mm (Depending on what section) of rain it got the night before.

Up until then the course had been pretty dry.

Seeing Forrest has only had about 14 mm of rain for the whole month of April and it's forecast for less than 1 mm of rain I'm pretty sure you will be able to leave the mud tyres at home.

serowe

Likes Dirt
You're right. 95% of babies are not born on their due date. I like those odds. But I'm still not going. It's a pity I love that track.
Bring her with you - if the laps are only 15 or so mins you should be able to ensure you're there for the birth :) (mind you, she may not want to talk to you for a while afterwards but hey - like a baby who is only born once - the race can only be attended once as well :) )

morgy

Likes Bikes
im spewing im playing footy saturday or else i would come up, awesome trails up at forrest and always a great race

jamespierce

Likes Dirt
Agree with others on tyre choice, I rode Forrest for 4 days at Easter. The trails are dry, hard and quick as. A tiny little bit of rain to damp things down and give grip wouldn't be the end of the world.

JessD

Likes Dirt
going for a spin after lunch

Hey will give you some feed back on lap time etc. after lunch with a trail report.
stay tuned around 1pm
Oh and I will do the lap at a recovery pace

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt