• No i dont wear Gogles

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Sometimes with and somtimes without

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I never ride anything without eye protection. Downhill is googles, XC and commuting is glasses.

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Nothing worse than having a rock or bit of dust fling up into your eye just before a techy section of track. I'd rather being seeing through muddy goggles than having my eye just shut in reaction to a rock in it.

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
I originally preffered not to as they make it a lot hotter but I wear contacts and the dust just gets too much. Having said that after a stack I had recently I would never ride without them again. When I got up and dusted myself off I noticed I couldn't see though the goggles properly. When I removed them they had a heap of scratches on the lense. And then a punch mark about 4mm round and 3mm deep right in front of my eye. Looked like someone had shot it with a slug gun. Im not sure exactly what caused it but I imagine it was a stick. If I wasnt wearing them I would now only have one eye. ;)

Yer i would only use goggles for downhill, reason being that not just to stop dust getting in your eyes but that they also protect your eyes for lantana (sp?) and other things found in bushlands etc.

Derrelict Rider

Likes Bikes
when i go riding i put my knee pads and shoes on first, second is the body armour rthen my helmet but i'm not fully in the zone till i have my goggles on

aussiemx

Likes Dirt
just like everyone else.. i ALWAYS wear goggles.. use to race mx and got roosted by the guy in front.. a rock flung up and hit me in the goggles.. it wasn't a big rock but hey its still a rock.. after that i will never ride without eye protection..

flatbeat

Likes Bikes
Gotta have your goggles on esp when downhilling. They are cheap as hell, last for ages if u take care of them, there is no excuse. all it takes is one small rock or clip a branch and u can lose/damage your sight forever.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Before I had goggles, I had to use a pair of el cheapo sunnies, and in winter they fogged up pretty fast, which had some fun moments..

Is it even worth considering playing russion roulete with you eyesight,????????
its not exactly like you can go to you local bike shop and get a replacement
eye or something if you stuff yours.

broken bones will heal, skin will heal but if you lose an eye you will be riding
downhill in 2D. Give that a go next run you do.;)

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
After what i have been through without goggles, i will never ride without them.
Once i was riding through this pedally section, and then i find a f*cking vine going right across my lense scratching them, seeming like there wouldn't be an end to the vine, until i stopped and had a swear and such. I got off the bike, and thanked myself to have worn the goggles or i would have probably lost my eye sight aswell as perhaps getting some nasty scratches across my nose. :)

ademb

Likes Dirt
Personally i haven't worn goggles yet for any sorts of riding. I wear prescription glasses so it kinda covers the fact of getting most things flicked into my eyes but obviously wouldnt be all that much help when it came to a big stack, theres a strong chance they could end up getting flicked off.

Question for anyone that might be able to answer, do you have trouble wearing googles over ur glasses if you wear both? I know that I have issues with my glasses fogging up when i do it down at the snow. Not sure if it would happen riding though.

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Question for anyone that might be able to answer, do you have trouble wearing googles over ur glasses if you wear both? I know that I have issues with my glasses fogging up when i do it down at the snow. Not sure if it would happen riding though.
I used to wear glasses(now contacts) but never had issues riding or in the snow. I used Scott OTG(Over The Glasses) goggles. I had more issues with glasses fitting inside a Full face as the foam would be hard against the arms and make the glasses move around all the time.

i used to find goggles to much of a hassle when i was only out riding the local trails but in the last 3 weeks or so they have really grown on me. because there is no air rushing past your eyes i find its heaps easier to ride and concentrate on whats going on.

rstwosix

Likes Dirt
I used to wear glasses(now contacts) but never had issues riding or in the snow. I used Scott OTG(Over The Glasses) goggles. I had more issues with glasses fitting inside a Full face as the foam would be hard against the arms and make the glasses move around all the time.
I wear goggles over my glasses. The only problem is finding a brand/model that fits over my glasses. I've found Oakley & Smith fit ok.