Going to Canada in August - need advice

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
I'm heading to Canda in early august for 2 weeks as part of a wider holiday and hoping to get in a couple of days of DH/trail riding. I won't be able to take any of my gear with me, so will have to hire everything over there. Any recommendations on places to go? Whistler and....? I read on a MTB website last year which mentioned that there are some really nice places to ride near whistler which aren't as crowded, but I couldn't track down the website I read this on :(

Any good websites or information sources to get info on trails, places to stay, bike & helmet & gear hire, how to get there...?
Appreciate any advice or info. Thanks

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm heading to Canda in early august for 2 weeks as part of a wider holiday and hoping to get in a couple of days of DH/trail riding. I won't be able to take any of my gear with me, so will have to hire everything over there. Any recommendations on places to go? Whistler and....? I read on a MTB website last year which mentioned that there are some really nice places to ride near whistler which aren't as crowded, but I couldn't track down the website I read this on :(

Any good websites or information sources to get info on trails, places to stay, bike & helmet & gear hire, how to get there...?
Appreciate any advice or info. Thanks
North Shore of Vancouver.
Fromme, Seymour, Berkley.
More XC-ish (dont expect Aussie XC conditions though) - Squamish, Burnaby.

jasevr4

Likes Dirt
Sumgy, how do you go about getting to these places? Are buses an option? Or do you really need a car over there?

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sumgy, how do you go about getting to these places? Are buses an option? Or do you really need a car over there?
My information is basically from what I have learned from a similar question that I have asked for my trip there in July.
I was lucky enough to have a car when I was there last time so did not need to use public transport.
I would suggest that Berkley and Fromme would be accessible by public transport but cannot say for sure with Seymour or Burnaby.

Squamish is a fair way out of Vancouver on the road to Whistler.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
My information is basically from what I have learned from a similar question that I have asked for my trip there in July.
I was lucky enough to have a car when I was there last time so did not need to use public transport.
I would suggest that Berkley and Fromme would be accessible by public transport but cannot say for sure with Seymour or Burnaby.

Squamish is a fair way out of Vancouver on the road to Whistler.
You can get to the bottom of Seymour by bus, and you can get a Greyhound to Squamish. Just takes a while.

jasevr4

Likes Dirt
Thanks fellas. I want to work in whistler during their summer season next year but time is running out and I'm struggling to find the time to do the research.:eek:

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire
use this to get to Parkgate village shops (Mt Seymour) as that is the bottom of the trails.
At parkgate you'll find this http://www.differentbikes.ca/ where you can rent a bike and gear, buy a trail map or just ask where to go. If you already have a bike, you can take it on the bus with you- there are racks on the front of the bus. Just make sure you sit at the front so you can see it...

dazrazedge

Likes Bikes
I have just been there. All i can say is dont hire a car it really restricts you, you are always worried about it considering you are liable for it. BC is probably the best place for most of your mountain bike needs. Good luck have fun and take plenty of spending money. Oh and the girls are very friendly have a great time.