Good battery charger for AA and AAA batteries - recommendations.

John U

MTB Precision
I am after a good battery charger for AA and AAA batteries. I am using some shitter that came with the batteries I think. Does anyone have any decent recommendations? Are good ones available or are they all the same?

Batteries are energiser and Duracell nimh.
Cheers, john.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I used to run a Maha charger back when I was a photographer and it never once let me down. Had 8 sockets for aa/aaa and would charge each individually. Cost me about $180 at the time and was money very well spent.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Get a nitecore i4 intelligent charger. Charges everything from AAAs to li-ion 18650s that are used for bike LED lights. Very cheap too. I have one for work for charging all our CREE flashlights and one at home for charging everything.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
I used to run a Maha charger back when I was a photographer and it never once let me down. Had 8 sockets for aa/aaa and would charge each individually. Cost me about $180 at the time and was money very well spent.
I've got a Maha too, but this one - https://www.videoguys.com.au/Shop/p...zardone-battery-charger-analyzer-mh-9000.html

It's brilliant. Each battery can be recharged with different recharge power settings, has capabilities to break in batteries, refresh batteries, etc. Can recharge AA at the same time as AAA. Awesome unit.

John U

MTB Precision
Righto, the Maha is the front runner. The performance of my Nitecore torch has been spasmodic so that goes against the Nitecore.

Is the Maha easy to use? I don't have a degree in electrical engineering.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
It's a bit more complex than your standard 'wall socket Energizer charger' but I wouldn't' say the device is difficult to use. Actually, if you want to just chuck your batteries in and let it go, it defaults to charging at 1A if nothing is pressed within a few seconds of powering up. (Unlike a cheapie wall socket charger however, it will charge the batteries independently rather than cutting out as soon as one of the batteries reaches max. capacity).

To get the most out of your rechargeable batteries, it pays to familiarise yourself with a few common conventions (charging and discharging rates based upon the battery's capacity). Further, if you have some older batteries, the charger is able to 'refresh' them but this can be a long process so set asside some time to properly set up your rechargeable. Other than that, I find it a rather easy device to use.

Good luck!

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
+1 for the Maha C9000.

Since you're in Melb's outer east, go see these guys in Mitcham.

http://www.protog.com.au/buy/maha-powerex-mh-c9000-wizardone-aa-aaa-battery-cha/9000
That's actually who I bought mine from. Top service, would definitely use again.

Righto, the Maha is the front runner. The performance of my Nitecore torch has been spasmodic so that goes against the Nitecore.

Very easy. There are more complicated cycles available, and as AngoXC mentioned some of the cycles are very time consuming, but most of the time you can just pop the batteries in, leave it, and when you come back there will be little 'Done' labels under each individual battery - yep, this unit tracks each battery's charging individually, and tells you when each one is finished. Best battery charging investment I've ever made!