Good dj bikes

ohhhhh

Cannon Fodder
Just want to know some good Dj bikes that are under 2000 I want to buy a new one but don't have much knowledge about Dj bikes
Would like some opinions on a good one I can buy complete

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
For $2,000 you could get a pretty good build or a sicker used custom build.
There's a few questions you need to ask yourself though. Will it be a dedicated jumper(Need to figure out either a lower or higher BB, it's against most guy's beliefs to run gears on a dirt jumper but if you're going to use it for other things they might be useful)? How big am I or what riding have I come from and depending on the answer will I need a 'long' or 'short frame? Different frame materials feel different so you'll want to try out chromoly, steel, alloy or maybe aluminum. If you're willing to drop close to $2,000 on a bike, you'll want to make sure you feel the best you can on it and can move it around to the best of your ability.
Some brands to check out will be -
NS(Started as a jumping brand and have only progressed from there. Most people run the majesty frames or just the Suburban completes)
Dartmoor(Heaps of people stoked with their frames and completes, look at their twofour player, twosix player and cody)
Yeti(Most of the people run them as 4x bikes)
DMR(Never had personal experience but have a good name)
Santa Cruz(Check out the Jackal, it's a sick bike)
Transition(Heaps of people love them and have a good warranty)
Pivot(Again, heaps of people love them and can usually pick them up cheaply)
Norco(Keep to the one25 and the two50)
Specialized(Popular bike and the cherry red P3 looks sick, I'm pretty sure a guy has the majority of a complete for sale on here)
Octane One(Haven't had personal experience but have heard some good things)
Banshee(Beautiful bikes and feel sick to ride, check out the)
Nukeproof(Most if not all their bikes are pretty nice)
Blackmarket(Check out the 'mob')
As 'Will2' said, you can go Polygon but some people have had problems with the frames but since they have a warranty it shouldn't matter, price and build is pretty good too.

Here's a link to a Dartmoor Cody for sale here, it's at the top of your budget but the guy selling it is reliable and keeps his bikes in good condition. Just showing you so you can get a picture.
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...Cody-TOP-END-dj-bike-10-11kg-w-15mm-axle-fork!

Last edited:

sedifus

Likes Dirt
For $2000 you can get almost anything you want custom built in a DJ. I'd talk to the guys at fearless cycles as they do lots of custom build and go from there. They'd be able to help you with anything you'd need to know and can sort you out with a sweet ride. I know they have a Dartmoor Cody going really cheap at the moment

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
For $2000 you can get almost anything you want custom built in a DJ. I'd talk to the guys at fearless cycles as they do lots of custom build and go from there. They'd be able to help you with anything you'd need to know and can sort you out with a sweet ride. I know they have a Dartmoor Cody going really cheap at the moment
2 actually. Yellow, black n red one, also got a red/grey/graphite one too that's abit heavier but has a 20mm front end.

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone, I have a Specialized P2 dirt jumper for sale if anyone is interested, please make me an offer or email me about it if you have any questions, my email is ...
Get trading access.

Probably not a good idea to post your email on forums like that, likely to get spammed.

camzh

Likes Dirt
Build it through Chain Reaction Cycles buddy! Can easily build up a sick DJ for under $2000 on there.
+1 for CRC.

Just got an Octane One Void.
Cant say enough good things about it at the moment.
I used my old forks, bars and cranks, but replacing those would have easily been under $2k. Probably more like $1500.

I didnt have any luck with Sethius/Fearless, they pulled out of a sale after agreeing on a price.
I still can't work out if they are retailer/importer/distributor/backyard operator/ebay/facebook store/guy on a forum...
I am a picky customer, and have a million questions to ask, but as the customer its what I do...

Last edited:

RIDEGIANT

Likes Bikes
Can't go wrong with one of the various older bikes either :) Kona's and the giant STP also worth mentioning, but try go for the SS STP if you can

There is a trials brand by the name of Echo that are making a pretty nice DJ bike under their brand Czar. It will be available in Oz apparently in a month or so, and will be around $1500. Anglesea Trials Comp 011213-89-Edit_small.jpgCzar DJ van small.jpegAnglesea Trials Comp 011213-89-Edit_small.jpg