good places in Melb to buy O-rings that will suit small bike parts?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Looking for a good shop to buy small O-rings. bought a few spare Formula pins and they didn't come with O-rings as advertised.
so the O-rings have to be pretty small, 2-3mm diam., will have to measure the pins.

Mortarr Hedd

Cannon Fodder
You might want to try Champion Parts. Address: 205 Arden Street, North Melbourne VIC 3051. You need to have measured up before-hand, and best to also have a sample on-hand in case its a funny material. PM if you can't find it and I'll send you a link for an online place with a more specialized inventory.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Go to a decent bearing shop and ask them about o-rings. I have had great service from Eastern bearings.
They'll be able to access any size o-ring you want. Even quad rings for suspension.

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
Aldi kit...

If you want some I can post an envelope with a few small ones. Work out what size you need.

-Shaun

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Nope, hydraulic places are ordinary usually. Bearing shops are junk at o rings.

go to "Renseal", best oring supplier in Melbourne. 8-noon trade counter on Saturdays too,.

http://www.renseal.com.au

Renseal
43 Amberley CrescentDandenong South VIC 3175
Australia

You can walk in with old o rings and they will try to match, but your much better off calculating the required o ring. I can calculate proper sizes for you, but need to know the inner seal diameter, outer diameter, and the groove width, which might be hard. Start with some photos.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nope, hydraulic places are ordinary usually. Bearing shops are junk at o rings.

go to "Renseal", best oring supplier in Melbourne. 8-noon trade counter on Saturdays too,.

http://www.renseal.com.au

Renseal
43 Amberley Crescent Dandenong South VIC .
seconded.
I've used renseal for years including having seals custom made by them.
they may give you abit of grumpyness when you go in for 40cents of o rings amd there busy but generally very helpful

link1896

Mr Greenfield
seconded.
I've used renseal for years including having seals custom made by them.
they may give you abit of grumpyness when you go in for 40cents of o rings amd there busy but generally very helpful

The secret is out now, sorry. Have used them for years too. I always buy up and keep my spend over 20 bucks.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
The secret is out now, sorry. Have used them for years too. I always buy up and keep my spend over 20 bucks.
hmm, don't know if I need $20 worth of tiny o-rings. maybe if they had a small bottle of silicone oil (for the o-rings on my LED flashlights) and a hydraulic hose cutter that would suit MTB brake hoses. :)

Thanks NeoNasty, I'll try to measure them as best I can :)

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
My own bearing shop will get me any o-ring I need in whatever quantity required. Was very helpful getting the right UV tolerant 6x1 mm O-rings to replace the shitty junk SRAM used to hold together their cantilever brakes...

silverback

Likes Bikes
I second sil imports, just take your old ones with you and they will size them up.
They even do custom seals and if they cant get what your after they can manufacture them.