Good Riding Shoes?

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lately my feet have been slipping off my pedals...and resulting in some good crashes, what shoes do you guys recommend? I heard Vans arent to bad.

My pedals are dmr V8's.

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Most skating shoes are awesome for riding, flat soles, super comfy - I prefer DC although Vans have a huge rep as THE riding shoe for flat pedals.

nathan

Likes Dirt
I use "Human" sort of skate shoes there ultra flat on the bottom. There not too bad and cheap to.
I read in AMB a while back you can get those Intense shoes from some shoe shops (maybe rock climbing stores) but they arnt called Intense they just changed the name. Same shoe though, a heap cheaper and easier to get. Cant remember the name though will have to go through the mags again.

Ty

Eats Squid
Vans old schools are sweet and heaps cheaper than most skate shoes, i suggest primo super tenderiser or DMR V8 pedals as well for feet slipping issues.

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
get something that has a realy soft soul. somrthing that you would think would wear out real quik if you used them 9 ta 5 each day, and something that looks cool. if money isn't an issue get thos intense shoes that keep CK feet on the pedals. or generally any vans shoe that has ever been made is good for riding.

Ty

Eats Squid
those shoes that CK wears are actaly re-badged rockclimbing boot, i've been trying to track down the importer for a while without much luck but they are avalable here in australia.

Ryan

Radministrator
I ride Human's too and reckon the're pretty damn sweet for the price. $80 and they're plenty grippy for me.

CAM

Likes Dirt
yeah, No fears are great, i use mine on V8's as well and i reckon there perfect. They are a bit hader to find though coz golders do not always have ur size.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
funnily enough, i've been wearing the same pair of air walks for 6 years... they're still fine... indestructible ... tho they are starting to struggle for grip.

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
hay ty, yeah they are called stealth rubber five tens. i'm sure if you asked the right people around the valley you could get them. and i'm talking the camping shops not the drug dealers and the out of the back of the van dealers.

also try that shop that is next to tc's tore mountain sport cause they are like a specilist rock climbing and mountainering shop.

Tim

Likes Dirt
Intense Shoes

I have intense shoes, nothing really compares to them, try http://www.123bikes.com you will need to get them shipped in but the Intense shoes have a heaps better sole pattern and look 500 times better.

Tim

Ty

Eats Squid
ok the intense shoe is made by Stealth rubber, five ten (thanks frank-oi)and the model is called "impact"

and you should be able to order them from
Mountain Designs, Fortitude Valley, 07 3216 1866
Mountain Designs, Brisbane, 07 3221 6756

belly_up

Likes Dirt
As someone who currently owns and wears real rock climbing shoes, as in the one's that are like slippers, i'd also highly recommend checking out their sizing system before you buy, as often climbing shoes are built with the assumption that you will be wearing the smallest size you can humanly fit on your feet.

zac

Likes Dirt
i've always worn asics sneakers and i've never had any problems with grip on crappy vp pedals. wouldn't mind getting some sixsixone duallies though, cause my ankles are dodgy

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also, adidas have a pair of new skate shoes out with a similar sole pattern to the five tens. Might be worth checking them out.