good shops for dh gear southern side of melb ?

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
hi can anyone recomend any good shops on the south side of melbourne that mainly deal with dh gear and good for bike services cheers

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
What do you need done?

i need to get some riding gear fullface goggles and jersey i already have most other things i just got my dh bike second hand last weekend needs a service on forks and the freespin bearing isnt grabbing straight away on take off so the cranks turn about a inch before it grabs

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
i need to get some riding gear fullface goggles and jersey i already have most other things i just got my dh bike second hand last weekend needs a service on forks and the freespin bearing isnt grabbing straight away on take off so the cranks turn about a inch before it grabs
The only shop that I know of with gear actually in stock is My Mountain in Brunswick. Otherwise you'd be looking at quite a distance from Melbourne - e.g. Yarra Valley Cycles in Lilydale, Pushbike Shop in Pakenham, Sealey's in Mornington... There may be others.

Because I live in St. Kilda, I have the same problem. I get Total Rush (Punt Rd. Richmond) to do whatever mech work I cant do myself - they're expensive but they at least have a guy (Paul) that had DH experience... Otherwise for my Trail bike (and most other stuff) I go to Yarra Valley Cycles, or purchase online...

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
The only shop that I know of with gear actually in stock is My Mountain in Brunswick. Otherwise you'd be looking at quite a distance from Melbourne - e.g. Yarra Valley Cycles in Lilydale, Pushbike Shop in Pakenham, Sealey's in Mornington... There may be others.

Because I live in St. Kilda, I have the same problem. I get Total Rush (Punt Rd. Richmond) to do whatever mech work I cant do myself - they're expensive but they at least have a guy (Paul) that had DH experience... Otherwise for my Trail bike (and most other stuff) I go to Yarra Valley Cycles, or purchase online...
thanks mate yarra valley are good ive been there before pakenham isnt that far from me i can always make a day of it and go fishing or for a ride out that way

Try BikeFO in St Kilda

Great customer service and great prices on a lot of their gear

Not a lot in the way of downhill but as far general bike spares, wheel sets etc go, they have quite a bit

They also have Kona Stinky's brand new for $1250.....not bad for beginner or run around downhiller

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you're looking for goggles, check out the Moto stores in Dandenong. Plenty of different brands and massive range within each brand.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
yarra valley cycles in lilydale have a huge range of gear and armor prob the biggest iv'e ever seen in a shop. but cycle inc in bayswater are the best for service very passionate riders there and always looks after you with price