Good trance music

R_D

Likes Bikes
Ministry of Sound - Trance Nation 2009 is pretty cool.
but get into Dubstep, its better :)

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Anything by GTRONIC for some dubby shit, obvious trance choices would be the big names of Armin Van Buuren and Tiesto. I love driving to Armin stuff.

Personally I prefer sort of uplifting minimal when I'm driving, most Deadmau5 stuff is good, Twilight remix by Deadmau5 is especially good. Just find stuff labeled as minimal and have a listen.

Speaking of dubstep, was at a little gig with Trump Disco last night and they are off the fckn chaaaiiiinnn, go see them if you ever have the chance.

taquar

Likes Dirt
DJ Tiesto
Armin Van Buuren
Showtek
Deadmau5
Aly & Fila
Ferry Corsten
Cosmic Gate
Paul Van Dyke
DJ Hixxy (More relaxed trance)
Infected Mushrooms (More of a hardcore-metal-trance thing)
Darude (Not really trance but still good)
Basshunter (Still not trance but ok)
Fridge - Paradise (Nu-Gray Mix)
Mark Norman - Restart
Simon Patterson - Thump (Original Mix)
Rank 1 - L.E.D There Be Light (Trance Energy '09 Anthem)

If you're looking for 1hr+ mixes then I'd get some of Tiestos live sets, Musemuplein + Innercity are two of the main ones, as well as In Search of Sunrise and In search of Sunrise Asia Disc 1+2. Armin has some good ones as well, mainly his Creamfields 2003 set mix, or his World Tour Spring 2004 one which is 3:15:17.

Get the Trance Energy 2009 discography, it's got some of the best ones i've ever heard. Also, if you can, get Godskitchen. Was at both of the aforementioned and they were some of the best nights of my life. :D

I have every song ever made by all the above artists/events. I'm a bit of a trance fan :rolleyes: :D

Matt H

Eats Squid
They aren't the usual trance mate. But they are an acquired taste.
I know very well who they are. They're not an "acquired taste", they're just psytrance. I'm just baffled that you could describe them as hardcore-metal-trance, it indicates you don't really know a whole lot about the genre...

Last edited:

taquar

Likes Dirt
I know very well who they are. They're not an "acquired taste", they're just psytrance. I'm just baffled that you could describe them as hardcore-metal-trance, it indicates you don't really know a whole lot about the genre...
The songs that i've heard of them had a more metal like sound to it, so that's it. If you really want to get into specifics about what type of trance he wanted then by all means go for it. I'd say my knowledge of the rest of the trance artists kinda proves a point yeah? ;)

del

Likes Dirt
I have every song ever made by all the above artists/events. I'm a bit of a trance fan :rolleyes: :D

OK....not to nit pick at the post...but thats not all 'trance' - theres hardstyle, minimal, prog, tech... Not to try and have a go at you, but don't give out advice claiming to be "a bit of a trance fan" when a huge chunk aren't trance. Not all electronic music is the same FFS. Matt H is right.

Infected are just psy trance.. :confused:

I doubt you have every song by any of them

---

Now to be helpful:

Best idea is to get a couple of sets; try AVB and similar bigger names to get an idea of what types of trance you like, or really what types of music. Maybe you mean hardstyle like a lot of people that ride. OR you just mean house, who knows, just listen listen listen

Or if you truly mean trance, get some j00f and trip ballllssssssssssss

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Showtek
Deadmau5
DJ Hixxy (More relaxed trance)
Infected Mushrooms (More of a hardcore-metal-trance thing)
Darude (Not really trance but still good)
Basshunter (Still not trance but ok)

Though, I'll agree that simon patterson is good.
-Marcus Schussow
-Sied van Riel
And definitely +1 for j00f

Best song ever though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnBeTPpr98g&feature=player_embedded

It's from '98 too, really new trance stuff is a bit meh in comparison.