GoPro HD Camera's

ademb

Likes Dirt
Hey fellas.

Just putting a bit of a heads up out there to see if anyone is interested in a group buy of these new HD Camera's?

http://www.goprocamera.com/

Me and 2 mates are looking at buying one each from a supplier from Canberra and have been told that if we find more people that are interested then there is a real chance of getting some decent discounts.

They are retailing for around the $450 mark at the moment I believe but I'll be able to give you guys a more fixed price if any interest is shown.

Here's some of the specs of the camera anyway
GoPro’s HD Motorsports HERO is the world’s highest performance 1080p HD on-board video and still photo camera. Professional quality 1080p, 960p, and 720p HD resolutions record at 30 frames per second (60 fps in 720p). The HD Motorsports HERO easily mounts to any helmet, motorcycle, ATV, car, plane, jet ski, boat, snowmobile or other vehicle. The camera’s quick-release mounting design makes it easy to re-position the camera around your vehicle for professional quality HD video from several angles.

Record up to 2.5 hours on a single charge and up to 9 hours total on a 32GB SD card (not included).

Included are mounts for two helmets and three vehicles, as well as a suction cup for maximum versatility and convenience. The housing is waterproof to 180’ / 60m.

GoPro's obsession with sound has conquered the wind. At 85 mph on a motorcycle, you’ll enjoy the throaty sound of your motor, not the wind. Inside even the quietest street cars, hear the pull of your motor...not the drone of the wind and road.

Included is a 1100mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery that lasts for up to 2.5 hours of constant recording. With optional accessories, you can also plug the camera into a wall outlet, cigarette lighter, or with any USB-compatible power adapter, wire it directly to your vehicle’s electrical system. The battery will charge while you record.

The camera can also shoot automatic 5MP photos at 2/5/10/30 and 60 second intervals during your drive or ride, hands free. Press the shutter button once and record up to 2.5 hours of poster-print quality photos.

Waterproof to 180’ / 60m and protected from rocks and other hazards thanks to its removable polycarbonate housing. Replacement housings and lens kits are available, making repairs or refurbishing your HD HERO camera affordable and convenient. It's a GoPro...go for it.™
There are quite a few different videos up on that website i linked so check it out!

Adem

Yorto

Likes Dirt
Buy it from the HQ store if you are going to bulk buy (that way the shipping will be split between a heap of you and still save $$$). Even at the price difference right now is still a HUGE saving, I spoke to a rep in Australia and they said RRP in Australia is 399. So you might want to check on your dealer in Canberra. I got mine when the $ was at 93 so got a sweet deal with the additional accessories as well :).

http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=29

299.00 USD

=

338.244 AUD

United States Dollars Australia Dollars
1 USD = 1.13125 AUD 1 AUD = 0.883976 USD

+ the shipping it is tracked, traced and insured.

Try and get the dealer to beat that price ;)

PeachyAU

Cannon Fodder
Yorto, the one you got was the HD Helmet HERO we are getting the HD Motorsports HERO but yes they are listed as the same price.

It does seem to be atleast $100 cheaper without the shipping cost's at the current dollar to buy it at GoPro.

But i spoke to the guy in Canberra and he said if we get 5 he will bring them down to $400 and any more than 5 and we can look at going under $400 which will bring it close to the same price as buying it from GoPro Site.

Also you can drive down to Canberra and get it from him and then set up the camera on your car for the drive home ;).

So like Adem said, we are looking at getting these possibly the first week of the new year but i need some numbers intially to go to the guy and get a price for you guys. Lets say its $400 if we get 5 and so far we getting 3.

They are awesome cameras, check out the link Adem put up and check out the HD videos and see for yourself.

Let me know asap and ill get you more info when it comes....

Yorto

Likes Dirt
Which ever one you get it is the same price. Buy from the HQ store and save money.

I know they are awesome ;) I have one of them. Just do the calculations before putting money down on them at the dealer.

ademb

Likes Dirt
Yorto, i saw in the other thread you had some trouble with one of the clips breaking. How did you go with warranty having bought it from overseas? Were u able to get it fixed through a australian dealer or anything like that?

If it is all pretty streamlined with warranty issues etc etc then it very well may be better to buy international.

End of the day I'm not to worried because me and peachy will be buying them either way but its interesting to know more details.

Im interested in getting the surfboard mount aswell, now that would be sick! lol

Yorto

Likes Dirt
Yorto, i saw in the other thread you had some trouble with one of the clips breaking. How did you go with warranty having bought it from overseas? Were u able to get it fixed through a australian dealer or anything like that?

If it is all pretty streamlined with warranty issues etc etc then it very well may be better to buy international.

End of the day I'm not to worried because me and peachy will be buying them either way but its interesting to know more details.
I asked around in Australia. No one has the HD top mount clip thing (A local store had a spare but it was the older style casing as they are a tiny bit different). GoPro HQ sent me one straight away. had it within 4 days ;). Their customer service is very good. In Australia they only have authorised dealers etc. At the end of the day it all goes straight back through the main HQ site.

I am only trying to help you guys save a few $$. If you were to buy 10 units from Australia at $400, you could have purchased from the HQ store at the same price and gotten 11 units and a few accessories as well. Just do the maths before purchasing. I know our dollar has just gone down but if you wait to see if it bounces back up you might get it cheaper.

I am aware they are sold out at the moment and it is all on back order for the next week or two. Australia stores are fluctuating in price. Call some of the dealers as well as the main site in Australia. http://www.goproaustralia.com.au/Dealers/dealers.html

Hope this helps mate.