Gopro helmet cam at Oxford Falls Jan 22nd

Geeza

Likes Bikes
[video=youtube;Nm2cD_aNaPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm2cD_aNaPo[/video]
Riding the Falls with a new camera

Last edited:

aussiemx

Likes Dirt
hey mate, sweet vid! loved the different angles! :) where abouts was the camera located for the first part of the vid? when it was facing backwards..? got any pics of the set up?

Geeza

Likes Bikes
I had it attached to a sawn off mop handle, with gaffer tape and cable ties. The first view was taped to the crown of my forks and the other view to my sadle. You can see the set up in the second view.
I`m surprised Gopro dont sell the mop handle and gaffer tape as an alternative mounting kit.

aussiemx

Likes Dirt
yeah true, i like the one on your forks.. did you just tape the gopro to the mop handle? or.. what did you do?

Geeza

Likes Bikes
I used the handle bar kit, to attach it to the mop handle.
I`ve found the linkages move, even after tightening as much as I can, if you land a heavy jump or ride over rough stuff. Might have to wrap everything with gaffer tape to keep it in place.

aussiemx

Likes Dirt
yeah i was thinking that! yeah the arms are pretty weak.. i was using the handlebar mount at ourimbah.. and one of the links snapped.. and the gopro went flying!.. :/ soo yeah im thinking about throwing some duct tape around the arm just to make it a bit more stable.. good thinking! :) im going to go suss some stuff out and try and get the same angle as what u got.. it looks wicked! props !

and also, how long roughly was the mop handle? :/

Last edited:

Geeza

Likes Bikes
I rekon I cut it off at about 18 inches, and had the camera level with the end of my handle bars

this is an improved version of the vid; [video=youtube;Fh0Qlmp9YsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh0Qlmp9YsY[/video]

Last edited:

-iRideBikes-

Likes Bikes
Nice angles Geeza! I've been trying to come up with some weird angles with mine, I'll have to give this broom handle thing a shot. If your having trouble with the arms slipping, see if you can get your hands on some elastic rubber sheet used for physio to jam between the two parts. Its super thin and grips like shit to a blanket. Works a treat. You can usually find some at the chemist