GoPro session

teK--

Eats Squid
I've mounted a gopro 2 (circa 2008) if that helps. Had to use epoxy as the underside of the visor was not flat.

teK--

Eats Squid
Nope. It gives a very good view. Also need to ensure your visor doesn't move or rattle from the added weight.

John U

MTB Precision
Nope. It gives a very good view. Also need to ensure your visor doesn't move or rattle from the added weight.
And that it doesn't smashed into your face of you happen to faceplant. I'd be more worried about that.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
And that it doesn't smashed into your face of you happen to faceplant. I'd be more worried about that.
Everyone says shit like this.

I have mine mounted to the CHIN BAR (which seems to gather a fair amount of attention and curiosity from other riders), and have had some good stacks... all that happened was the camera was knocked and pointed downwards.
Other crashes have just snapped the GoPro mounts long before anything else even looks like it's compromised.

Face facts, a camera anywhere on your body or helmet can cause damage.
It's just one of the many, many risks we take by riding bikes.

Having a camera mounted on the underside of the visor, in a bad crash that visor is more than likely just gonna snap off.

John U

MTB Precision
Face facts, a camera anywhere on your body or helmet can cause damage.
It's just one of the many, many risks we take by riding bikes.
Agreed. I run a session on a chest mount. Even with armour on I'd have to have full frontal landing on it.

Having a camera mounted on the underside of the visor, in a bad crash that visor is more than likely just gonna snap off.
I agree with this too, but that would be part of my concern. The session is a really solid little unit loose in the area of your face in a big stack might not be the best thing.

Cameras will keep getting smaller. I'd be waiting until they do before mounting one so close to my face.