Got any Meccano (or similar + gears pulleys etc) you don't want?

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
I used to have tons of the stuff as a kid but over the years its got lost or given away. For my uni course (Industrial Design) I find that I'm often needing the stuff to test levers, gearing system etc. So basically if you have some of the stuff lying around that will probably end up in the bin anyway, I'll pay for postage and you can send it off to a good home. If you don't know what I'm talking about, this is the stuff below. I remember the kits used to have plate, levers, gears, rack and pinions, axles, pulleys and more.

djslow

Likes Bikes
Might have some in the shed

I'll have a look around and see what I can find. I don't remember if there were many pulleys or gears but I think there some nuts and bolts some wheels and stuff like the picture you included.

If I can find it I'll let you know.

DJ

phil p.

Likes Dirt
I have a fair bit i am willing to get rid of. Pm me if you're interested and i'll see what i can do.

Need stuff?

Printers on the curb at council cleanup time will have some sort of gearing and drive motors + belts (and stainless steel rods). Also, if you understand stepper motors then you can make some weird home remote automation when you have a collection old PC junk and a techno-freak streak.

Start your stockpile now. When you get proficient enough to invent shit, then you'll be the envy of your geek friends!

Don't have any geeky friends yet?

...soon you will.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
djslow said:
Snippety snip
No problems if you can't find anything. Thanks anyway

What a crap degree.
Its not that bad, after all we just draw pictures and colour between the lines. OT but if I get asked that one more farkin time if I design buildings I'm going to shoot someone. That's called architecture you idiot. I just tell people now that I shave dolphins, or drill the holes in swiss cheese /rant

Didn't even think of that, thanks man. In fact I just got installed a new printer so have an old one sitting here. Score

I have a fair bit i am willing to get rid of. Pm me if you're interested and i'll see what i can do.
Pm'd

Last edited: