Gotta' love Hope.

~James~

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Today I was pedalling up towards a speed bump, to hop over it (intense) and my wheel went all wobbly and I noticed that my freehub had seperated from my Hope Pro II hub body. After about 15 mins of trying to put the freehub back on, I sort of got it back on and scootered back to where I was riding. After stealing bikes off people for the rest of the day, I walked my bike home. When I got home, I pulled my freehub body off and woohoo, half of the axle came off with it.

Anyway, less talk more pics:

Hooray. Good thing new axles are only $22 on CRC, haha.

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
Yer thats pretty rare for a hope hub, those things are usually really good solid hubs. Unlucky I guess. Good to see you didnt try to ride it home:p

iStu

Likes Dirt
Moral of the story Jamoz? Don't ride over speed humps or...?

I had a pair of those hubs, they did me well, never seemed to have any issues; maybe you just happend to be the unlucky one eh! To snap the axel like that, didn't think that was possible.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yer thats pretty rare for a hope hub, those things are usually really good solid hubs. Unlucky I guess. Good to see you didnt try to ride it home:p
Your user title's ringing true again.

Hopes are good hubs, but they're not known for their strength or durability.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here I fixed it for you.
Nah, you didn't really. THEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RETHEY'RE

tu plang

knob
It should be noted that the speed bump incident would have just been the final straw. The majority of the damage would have occurred prior to that.

~James~

Likes Bikes and Dirt
man you musta done that triple.

or at least attempted to?
It's farking tempting me. When my axle's fixed I might give it a go.

Yeah, what Tu Plang said.

This is my chance to make the thing quieter anyway, it's been getting on my nerves for a while now, haha.

grommet26

Squid
or... this could be your chance to get an NS rotary rear and be done with it. After having issues with my pro2 i upgraded and haven't looked back!

Good luck with it.