GPS Tracker

nauticatarcher

Likes Bikes
I ride alone alot and sometimes worry that if I have an accident people won't know where i am, can anyone recommend an Iphone tracking app that has a website interface so if I dont come home one day they can go to a website and see my location?

Ivan

Eats Squid
Me and the wifw have used life360 for a few years and it's pretty good.

Apps and web interface all free.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
I have an ICE dot. This goes on your helmet and hooks in to your iPhone. When it detects a significant impact it starts a countdown timer. If no response it then sends a text to 5 "friends" alerting them to your crash with your gps coordinates. Those "friends" then send you texts hanging shit on you for falling off. It's fantastic & the best deterant to coming off.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
I've used a Spot tracker. Works via satellite so not reliant on mobile phone system and works everywhere in the world.

Allows sending of a couple of message types (I'm ok, custom and I need help) plus SOS that alerts the base in the USA who them contact the emergency services local to where you are. Very good system for remote adventures

nauticatarcher

Likes Bikes
Viewranger

Bit of a Faceplant moment today, I've been using Viewranger app to plot my rides as it has the best detail of unmarked tracks that I've found and today when I fired it up prior to setting off found it has a tracking beacon function that can be web accesed so should suit my purpose, worth checking out

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Endomondo aswell, it allows friends to view where you are in real time and even send you messages that the little robot in your phone will read out to you.

I like the idea of this ice dot thing though...