Gravity 12hr this weekend

JessD

Likes Dirt
Gravity 12 hour aftermath

solo was hard and fun and horrible all in the 12 hour period. My second attempt at this and I was happy (although kicking myself now) to come in second to Kim McCormack by a deficit of 3mins. it is a long time to keep plugging away and numerous times I was "not happy jan".
Course was fun, especially after the rain when the slippery gravel become so much faster and grippier. Everyone was really friendly on the course. it is 10:30pm sunday night, over 24 hours later. I am at home in Geelong. WAshing done, bottles cleaned. bikes sorta 1/2 cleaned. and it is Monday tomorrow. doing female pairs at Ballarat 6 hour enduro. Piece of "piss"...fun and games. see you there!:p

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I remember passing you a few times out there Jess, you sure looked like you were working hard :). Congrats on the 2nd place.

We're entered for the Ballarat 6 hour next weekend too, always good fun there. Even more so when you have a team :p.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Day started out really well. We were running times 10min faster that last year and looking for a great result. Then one of the team busted his collar bone and we spent 5 hours a Wagga hospital.
I feel for your teammate. I should know, I'm getting some new titanium hardware tomorrow ... installed in me! :eek: We didn't even make it to the race after I smashed my collarbone on Thursday night. Oh well, at least I had the Scott and Mont.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
solo was hard and fun and horrible all in the 12 hour period. My second attempt at this and I was happy (although kicking myself now) to come in second to Kim McCormack by a deficit of 3mins.
I'd say that was a stellar peformance!! Solo 24hr Jersey here we come!?

it is a long time to keep plugging away and numerous times I was "not happy jan".
Yeah but how cool is it to get to the finish knowing you've just ridden some stupid long distance over 12 hours. I still finish races going "how cool was that!!!'

Congratulations! sounds like you had a fantastic ride!

Cheers
Gonz

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
I along with other people thought numbers where down but obviously we are wrong.
Depends on which way you look at it. I've had a bit of a play with the numbers this morning and while the overall number of riders was up this year (541 v 535), the number of riders on-track at any one time (182 v 206) was down because there were more large teams in the event compared to last year. So - it would have felt less cluttered out on course.

Actually, if you have a peek at the attached numbers, this was the most "spaced out" on track Gravity 12 Hr since the first one in 2003.

Oh - and a big thanks to the girls for the cup cakes for the timing crew :)

Attachments

JessD

Likes Dirt
gravity

Hey Russ, Glad you liked the cakes...
That was Christy Harris who made them and gave them to you. She amazed us all at her baking. I never thought she would be in "wife / housekeeping / baking" training as she loves her bike and beer too much. She came 3rd in Mixed Pairs.
Thanks for your effort and passion for helping out at these events and having an awesome timing program! Well done.

Last edited:

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Russ

Thanks for all your work at Gravity on the weekend, great job as always and much appreciated.

That was my gf and her sister working in the timing tent with you for most of the day (why, oh why did you let her near the microphone?!). I think I saw you getting a photo of them working, any chance I could get a copy of that?

Many thanks!

Ant

adz

Likes Dirt
I was Christy's mixed partner on the weekend. Now i've seen photo's of the muffins, heard how good they are...have i had any?.......................No;). But hey i can live in hope that she will be inspired to cook some for Ballarat next weekend, nudge nudge!

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Greeting passed on Spinner. She muttered something along the lines of "...bloody microphone was switched on...".
Think you sure made an impression!

BTW will we see you at Nail Can downhill this weekend? I'll be mooching around helping setup in the morning.

Ant

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Greeting passed on Spinner. She muttered something along the lines of "...bloody microphone was switched on...".
Think you sure made an impression!

BTW will we see you at Nail Can downhill this weekend? I'll be mooching around helping setup in the morning.

Ant
Yeah , probably shouldn't have given me the microphone either !

I'll be racing at Long Gully this weekend , hope all goes well for Mark and his crew. I'm sure it will.:)

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone know who the photographer on course was? I know it was in the team kit but buggered if I can find it!

Ant