great stuff you just don't like!

Trickymac

Likes Dirt
Meeowww.... I think they're awesome.

Never ridden the new Asrc... So can't comment on how it rides. I agree that single pivot is an old design, but being squarely marketed as pure XC race, suspension curve has far less of impact than on a trail/am/dh rig.
Also, 10kgs for a 29er dual suspension bike is light enough on my mind.

Amazing how many people hate Yeti bikes. Why.... Just because.

Edit: just checked frame weight. 1.9kg including shock
because chops owns a yeti

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
You must like riding slow on the road then.... And can't afford all the above anyway...
Road riding is all about the commute for me, so enjoyment & wet weather safety over speed any day.

To add to my previous whinge (and possibly more stuff I can't afford anyway):
iPhones and Apple Watches, although I'm not sure how great the second one is anyway.

Jezza K

Likes Dirt
To add to my previous whinge (and possibly more stuff I can't afford anyway):
iPhones and Apple Watches, although I'm not sure how great the second one is anyway.
iPhones mounted to your handle bars. Because you couldn't live without that facebook update for your 30min commute!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Carbon rims. Weigh the same, perform the same but cost more than three times as much as aluminium rims. And they are just as disposable. No sense.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Carbon rims. Weigh the same, perform the same but cost more than three times as much as aluminium rims. And they are just as disposable. No sense.
The stiffness and steering accuracy is way better though, especially on a 29er with the big flexy wheels.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I've been quite happy with mine to date, but I have seen quite a few break, I'm sure I'd have a jaded view if that happens to me.

Riding mate, not a wobbly wheel or dinged rim in a decade, x2 broken carbons rims in the 3 months.. he's gone back to alloy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't even think this shit is awesome, but lots of other people do...
- big wheels. I don't care if they're fat, fun, or faster they look stupid as fuck. 26 will do me jut fine.
- strava. Seems to produce a lot of stupid people and make life a competition. If you want to see how fast you are compared to others...have a race.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I don't even think this shit is awesome, but lots of other people do...
- strava. Seems to produce a lot of stupid people and make life a competition. If you want to see how fast you are compared to others...have a race.
I don't think it produces more stupid people, it just makes them more obvious because other people are looking.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Chinese???
One rim was a derby DH layup (front), which was replacement for free (just delivery to au) with out any issues whats so ever - very good customer service, I'd recommend them based on that. Broke while comming into some braking bumps in a straigh line.

One was an LB AM spec (rear) broke on a bit of fairly mild track, type of place where the bike gets a little sideways, but not rough. There crash replacement is 15 less than retail + deilvery, he told them to stick it.

I'm riding infront or behind him, I'm heavier, and hit more jumps, hes faster though the corners, my carbon Zelvys have a few gouges from rocks flicking up, but so far holding up very nicely.

Last edited: