Greenvalleys Slopestyle Course..

And so it begins with the start box...

here is the wood to be cut, notched and pre drilled.. this stuff is heavy

concreting the post stirrups to hold the structural supports

the basic structure.
the 3m platform is on the left, the 4.5m platform is top right. This thing is BIG

Big thanks to Mark Dobbins for helping me get this structure designed properly and started..
Also a massive thanks to Jan Meyer for coming down and concreting and cutting heavy wood...

these 2 guys have earned the first of the exclusive GV trail crew shirts....

Nick

Last edited:

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Damn, that's f'king huge lads!

Not doing it by halves, the impression you've painted is backed by your building efforts! Keep up the excellent work, and I can see it's hard work.

F1234K

Likes Dirt
Awesome to see it came together. It was a first for me to cut and drill everything before taking it to the hill so we (read I) had no idea if it will go together or not, but Mr Engineer came through it seems :)

Good stuff guys. Sorry I couldn't be there to put it together in the end.

BTW you all should see the view from this step down. Spectacular!

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome to see it came together. It was a first for me to cut and drill everything before taking it to the hill so we (read I) had no idea if it will go together or not, but Mr Engineer came through it seems :)

Good stuff guys. Sorry I couldn't be there to put it together in the end.

BTW you all should see the view from this step down. Spectacular!
Bummer that you did all the hard work and didn't get to actually erect. Nick's going to take up a new occupation as a crane driver.
Thanks for your help last weekend, it was a real slog, but it was a lot better to do it in the workshop than up on the hill. It literally just fitted together like a "Thimb in a bum" to quote the boss!!

Last edited:
Bummer that you did all the hard work and didn't get to actually erect. Nick's going to take up a new occupation as a crane driver.
Thanks for your help last weekend, it was a real slog, but it was a lot better to do it in the workshop than up on the hill. It literally just fitted together like a "Thimb in a bum" to quote the boss!!
Haha, it didn't work out exactly as planned - who ever cut the wood put the supports a little of axis ;)

and who ever set the post stirrups, put a few of them a little off centre :p

but yes it went together like " a thumb in a bum " :eek:

thanks lads.. and to think its only the beginning.......

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
When's the next build/ride day?
I would be real keen to start working on a legal DH track, if you guys are for that?
Would love to see a legal track in the Gong, wouldn't mind helping out to structure and build it, aswell as getting some feedback with other riders to know what they want out of a DH track.
Would be able to write up a survey or something and then we might be able to start building a LEGAL DH TRACK in the Gong! :D

New Pics.. Its ready to ride

Big thanks to Mark Dobbins for designing and constructing the slopestyle start box.. this thing is big....

putting the ramps on

naling and cutting

big wood is hard work

its ready to ride peeps

a view from the front

sullivanvizual

Likes Dirt
So good! this place is going to kill it big time !

great work !

The views there are amazing too,hows the council support... coming or not ???

sully.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
vid of the above being hit? checked out your videos, im thinking i can do most, but videos lways make it look smaller than it is!

cluster

Likes Dirt
That looks absolutely amazing so far guys, gee i wish i lived near there!:eek:
just a thought, do the railings on the drops make doing tricks harder/impossible (ie. 360s)?
not that im pro enough to do any tricks (is whipping a trick? :p) or will probs ever ride the track (nowhere near where i live:(), just looks like the railings might get in the way for that sort of thing...
but yeah brilliant job guys keep it up and keep us posted!

Last edited:
That looks absolutely amazing so far guys, gee i wish i lived near there!:eek:
just a thought, do the railings on the drops make doing tricks harder/impossible (ie. 360s)?
not that im pro enough to do any tricks (is whipping a trick? :p) or will probs ever ride the track (nowhere near where i live:(), just looks like the railings might get in the way for that sort of thing...
but yeah brilliant job guys keep it up and keep us posted!
Thats a really good comment.. we will cut back the handrails on the last section to give riders room to trick off.. but for now as the course is being built , the handrails will remain for safety..

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
looks great guys!!! cant wait to hit it up on my new voltage!!! :cool:
if you need anyone to come help build dj's and pumpy's, i'd love to help, im in canberra... though it can be sorted... got my own pumpy - Pump Track Central :p
again, willin to help build, preferrably dj's and pumpy's,
cant wait!
Jesse