Greyhound Racing

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I think we should keep greyhound racing. The thought of 12t buses racing around a dirt track is awesome! Full of people would be even more fun! :pray:

Flow-Rider

Burner
And to those that say they care for their animals - whether you like it or not, you are part of an industry that has (and to a certain extent still does) tolerates the above behaviour. This isn't something new, pretty much everyone in the industry knows it happens - if not actually know specific individuals that do it - the industry has had YEARS to stop the practices, and yet to continues. 10-20% is NOT just a series of random, one-off events, and neither is 4-6000 dogs...
Some people are standing on some very dangerous high moral ground here. Anyone that has received a domesticated bred animal, has also contributed to the cruelty of animals. Some people that breed any type of bloodline animal for profit only, do all sorts of bad things to animals, so this must mean everybody else that does the right thing needs to pay for their wrong doing so that these breeders don't exist in the first place.

fimpBIKES

Likes Dirt
Think it was very interesting that they arent looking to go after horse racing as well.

I imagine its like trying to change negative gearing etc, too many people with power/donors involved in it so they will never dare even think about it.

Wouldnt be suprised if there is a dodgy backdoor deal going on re property developers.

Feel sorry for the old bloke down the road, from what I can tell he has about 50dogs and seems legit, 12months isnt anywhere enough time for him to re-purpose his land and start off in another industry (like growing kale or miniature pig farming?).

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
I'm not sure I could eat dogs. Some kind of vague emotional attachment.
Something about cannibalism?
I think we should keep greyhound racing. The thought of 12t buses racing around a dirt track is awesome! Full of people would be even more fun! :pray:
Something like this would be ace!
[video=youtube_share;3VJDIeeSdAE]https://youtu.be/3VJDIeeSdAE[/video]

Hopefully they do move onto horsies and live export to. If they don't it's a little hypocritical. It's just like "returning the order of law to the construction industry", I've got no problem with it, I just want them to do the same for the banking and energy industries too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We are in business! How much land did you say you had access to? We are going to be rich. I'm already in talks with redbull and monster. Highest bidder gets it. How long til the track is ready?

Some people are standing on some very dangerous high moral ground here. Anyone that has received a domesticated bred animal, has also contributed to the cruelty of animals. Some people that breed any type of bloodline animal for profit only, do all sorts of bad things to animals, so this must mean everybody else that does the right thing needs to pay for their wrong doing so that these breeders don't exist in the first place.
The government hasn't banned riding my high horse yet!

State government doesn't have much say in live exports. That is mostly a federal issue.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
We are in business! How much land did you say you had access to? We are going to be rich. I'm already in talks with redbull and monster. Highest bidder gets it. How long til the track is ready?

State government doesn't have much say in live exports. That is mostly a federal issue.
Yet there are no national laws to do with animal welfare. Each state or territory regulates animal welfare under their own Act, so unless it is dealt with under another law related to Trade or Customs, it would be difficult to regulate on a federal level at this point in time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yet there are no national laws to do with animal welfare. Each state or territory regulates animal welfare under their own Act, so unless it is dealt with under another law related to Trade or Customs, it would be difficult to regulate on a federal level at this point in time.
Funnily enough, it is a trade and a customs issue. That was the avenues used for the temporary stop a few years ago. But the almighty dollar won out. Perhaps through state laws you could prevent livestock being raised for live export.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Funnily enough, it is a trade and a customs issue. That was the avenues used for the temporary stop a few years ago. But the almighty dollar won out. Perhaps through state laws you could prevent livestock being raised for live export.
Thought that might've been the case, but wasn't too sure on the way the ban was enforced. I guess the good thing is that it's been banned before, so we can stop it again.

ers

Likes Dirt
Soft target?
Is Mike Baird only going to alienate Labor supporters? - Whose vote he will never get?
No doubt, there are problems with the industry.
Wentworth Park is one of the primest pieces of real estate in the primest part of Australia.
Baird has already proved himself to be a developer's b...tch
And so it goes
ers

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

I'm just adding the finer details. How big a gap jump do you think a 12t greyhound can do?

Sent from the USS Enterprise

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Soft target?
Is Mike Baird only going to alienate Labor supporters? - Whose vote he will never get?
Wentworth Park is one of the primest pieces of real estate in the primest part of Australia.
And so it goes
ers
We are the state of business.

I'm just adding the finer details. How big a gap jump do you think a 12t greyhound can do?

Sent from the USS Enterprise
That is up to the driver! Will get the boys from shit scared to help with course design.

Freediver, you've earned a spot on the team. While your best efforts are expected, we are only able to pay award wages. Did I mention the hours are long? but we throw mad parties!

MountGower

Likes Dirt
How many women slaughter their own children every year in NSW and what's being done about that? There's no surprise that a Godless population functioning on a level beneath the animals should place them above and hold them to be more valuable, than their own flesh and blood.

indica

Serial flasher
How many women slaughter their own children every year in NSW and what's being done about that? There's no surprise that a Godless population functioning on a level beneath the animals should place them above and hold them to be more valuable, than their own flesh and blood.
Holy SHITBALLS....

You tell us how many GODLESS women in NSW slaughter their children?

The link in your signature is interesting BTW, what is the issue you have with halal certification of food? Does that somehow relate to the godless women slaughtering their greyhound racing dog children?

My kids have just chosen to watch the 4corners Greyhound show.

The fuck is this thing? How is this even a THING? Fuck off with your racing, horses and all.

At least the animal I eat have a good life...

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok except filicide has existed on all continents, throughout the ages, long before and well into Christianity. Even hardcore christians such as Walt Disney didn't just tolerate but made money from cartoons filicidal in nature e.g. Snow White, Hansel & Gretel. The rates of doggy filicide are far less than the human kind, so it is clear that dogs are the best people.

stirk

Burner
Soft target?
And so it goes
ers
Stop giving Baird the credit for all the infrastructure works going on right now, he inherited alot of it and thankfully some works are being done after years of nothing. Some of Sydney's planning goes back to kennealy.

I don't think either major party would go to the dogs on this issue and why do you think all the dog racers and gamblers Labor supporters? That's not fair on intelligent Labor supporters........oh wait, ok I get your point now.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm all for the ban. What happens to the animals being used as live bait, and to the greyhounds that don't measure up is beyond sickening.

To all of you who are calling out double standards and supposed hypocrisy, consider this: If you know of a rapist who gets convicted would you argue that he should be let off because an unrelated murderer got off on a technicality? If I steal your bike should the police turn a blind eye because your neighbor got away with selling some dope? That logic just doesn't work.

The greyhound industry has been on notice for many years (you may have missed that) and has shown no improvement in that time. I've read estimates more like 12 to 14000 dogs being killed every year in NSW alone. Whether or not horse racing is cruel, or abattoirs are cruel is almost completely irrelevant. The greyhound racing industry is cruel and needs to be stopped.

You want to take up the gauntlet to stop another type of cruelty, go for it, you'll get plenty of support. But don't piss on those who are stopping one particular brand of cruelty, unless of course you think it's possible to stop all types of cruelty in all locations in one fell swoop (but please tell us how that's done).

moorey

call me Mia
Holy SHITBALLS....

You tell us how many GODLESS women in NSW slaughter their children?

The link in your signature is interesting BTW, what is the issue you have with halal certification of food? Does that somehow relate to the godless women slaughtering their greyhound racing dog children?

My kids have just chosen to watch the 4corners Greyhound show.

The fuck is this thing? How is this even a THING? Fuck off with your racing, horses and all.

At least the animal I eat have a good life...
Don't feed the trolls, Benjamin. :wink: