GT Sanction sizing?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I'm looking at hiring a 2016 GT Sanction Expert in Finale Ligure and they only have a large in stock. At 5'11" I'm on large frame bikes at the moment, but the reach is 433mm/426mm whereas the Sanction is 461mm, which is significantly longer (all with ~40mm stems).

Is the Sanction going to feel too big for me? Or just more like a DH bike?

To Sanction owners, what size are you riding for your height?

GT sizing chart puts me on either size.

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
I would have thought most at 5 11' would be on a large frame unless you arent "standard" in proportions e.g. long legs, torso etc.

I'm 182.5 cm and on a a large lapierre (461mm reach) with a 55 mm stem. It fits me great.

It will also come down to variables such as seatube angle, bar width etc.

I've had a ride of a sanction and i thought the large was great for me, however bike fitting is very subjective

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I would have thought most at 5 11' would be on a large frame unless you arent "standard" in proportions e.g. long legs, torso etc.

I'm 182.5 cm and on a a large lapierre (461mm reach) with a 55 mm stem. It fits me great.

It will also come down to variables such as seatube angle, bar width etc.

I've had a ride of a sanction and i thought the large was great for me, however bike fitting is very subjective
Yeah I think you're right, I've just had short bikes and haven't quite caught up with the whole 'longer' thing. Going from a reach of 420 on a medium frame to 433 (and much longer wheelbase) on a large was so much better, so I imagine going even longer could be even better. Which would suck as then I'd have an excuse for another frame upgrade...