GT Zaskar 2007 expert vs Giant XTC Team 2007

cranki

Likes Dirt
High guys, i have the above two frames and wondering which one you reckon would be lighter/stiffer/better.
i just picked up the XTC, and have had (and loved the zaskar) for a while now.
currently the XTC (fully built) weighs under 11 and the zaskar (fully built) weighs under 12.

im trying to decide which frame to put all the good bits on, and which one to keep as the spare.
(xtc has the following, DT 240's, sram x9/x0, juicy carbon etc etc), (gt has all deore LX)
i know the xtc has the better parts, but i have grown to like the zaskar frame, and am thinking of putting most of the xtc parts onto it.

BlakZ

Likes Dirt
Hey mate I have a GT avalanche expert 2008 and understand the love for the frame. I havent ridden an XTC.

I absolutely thrash my GT. I do jumps and drops around town where I can find them, gutters, stairs. I take it to the skate park for lols. I started DH on it. It does all my XC and all mountain. My frame is still holding up.

Just try both mate, dont be close minded such that you dont even try the XTC :)

cranki

Likes Dirt
i personally like the GT more, the xtc is feels lighter but its hard to compare them because i have the bias to the GT. i might have to just cop and change for a little while befor i get used to something