Guitarists

But that will eat into my mtb budget :(.

Maybe I might get a teacher for a few pointers. It depends what your goals are for guitar though. For me the whole point of it was to have something to work towards myself - I actually picked it up when I got bored recovering from a crash haha. If I have to commit more than once a week on it, I'd rather spend the time cleaning my bike or better yet riding it! I do know what you all mean though, some of the early mistakes took a while to even find let alone weed out. I'm sure there are a lot. Wish I did this as a kid - but was also too busy riding back then too.
well you are only going to get out of it what you are willing to put into it.

unless you have a respectable level of competency (ie know a buncha chords, can strum an appropriate rhythm for a song, good posture etc) once a week aint gonna do much than frustrate you.

but dedicate some time to it, take a structured approach guided by a professional and you never know what might be.

personally I recommend it

Calvin27

Eats Squid
well you are only going to get out of it what you are willing to put into it.

unless you have a respectable level of competency (ie know a buncha chords, can strum an appropriate rhythm for a song, good posture etc) once a week aint gonna do much than frustrate you.

but dedicate some time to it, take a structured approach guided by a professional and you never know what might be.

personally I recommend it
Yeah I know what you mean. When I first picked it up it was most nights - pretty much as much as my fingers could take. Now the easy to learn stuff is well behind and it's just the wierd chords and increasing the finger picking pattern vocabulary so to speak. Tabs are nice but I am probably not developed enough to do more than a few riffs at this stage.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will park the lessons ideas once my life sorts itself out and I have more time to dedicate. At this stage my ad hoc pracicing regime might be better suited to picking up some theory rather than actual ability.

Enough about me, anyone brave enough to link their youtube channel?

if you are learning finger stylee, kirk lorange has a bunch of free lessons on youtube

forget the theory, it only makes sense if you are applying it

reading a book on music theory will turn you off forever, better to learn it through the stuff you like to play