Hadley hubs???

Russell Boothey

Likes Dirt
hi everyone.

I recently bought a dmr transition (second hand) and it has hadley hubs.I was just wondering how much these hubs are worth. Dont know if this is the model but on the hub under the hadley branding it says (sdh r7.0) and its a 135mm with a 10mm though axle. i was just thinking about geting a single speed hub, insted of running one with spacers. Any help would be much apreciated.

Thanks Russ...:D

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
how much are hadley rear hubs?

Lots.... lots and lots of chico rolls... lets say, rear hub.... easily AUD$500+

spanky loves his sdh5.0

s

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
just get a single speed kit, and give it a go...

the hadley hubs are really nicely made, can be adapted to fit almost any axle and have a well wicked Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz noise to them...

just give a SS kit a go... see if you truely like SS first.

s

Last edited:

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
please ignore spanky... normal service will be restored in a few moment... in the mean time, please enjoy this elevator music..

Doo Do doo doooo do do do do dooooooooooo do de dup dee doo whop-a-lava....

s

condog

Likes Dirt
KEEP THE HADLEY!
there worth many pennies, i cant really see advantage getting a single speed hub apart from further spoke spacing = stronger wheel ?? anyway doesnt matter hadley hubs are some of the best made so keep them.

please ignore spanky... normal service will be restored in a few moment... in the mean time, please enjoy this elevator music..

Doo Do doo doooo do do do do dooooooooooo do de dup dee doo whop-a-lava....

s
you are the best person on farkin ever. im still laughing 8')))))))))))))))

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
Hadley's are awesome! I rate them up there as the same quality as my King's and I9's. The engagement is awesome, and with the Ti spindle and oversized bearing they're damn near maintenance free. I wouldn't get rid of them..

I'm going to bring a few sets back with me from the US in September, I'll keep a set for myself as a spare and sell the others.

Russell Boothey

Likes Dirt
just get a single speed kit, and give it a go...

the hadley hubs are really nicely made, can be adapted to fit almost any axle and have a well wicked Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz noise to them...

just give a SS kit a go... see if you truely like SS first.

s
sorry i didnt explain well enough:( Im already running them with a single speed kit and spacers, because you cant run gears on the frame. I was just thinking if i got a proper single speed hub, it might be better. Dosent matter now though im going to machine some spacers to fit perfectley on the hub, should be sweeeeet) thanks for all your advice guys. oh and dose any one know if you can get a 9 or 12 touth sprocket or anything in between to fit on the hub?

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sorry i didnt explain well enough:( Im already running them with a single speed kit and spacers, because you cant run gears on the frame. I was just thinking if i got a proper single speed hub, it might be better. Dosent matter now though im going to machine some spacers to fit perfectley on the hub, should be sweeeeet) thanks for all your advice guys. oh and dose any one know if you can get a 9 or 12 touth sprocket or anything in between to fit on the hub?
Get a new frame and a SS spacer kit. Keep the Hadley :eek:

Hey i recently bought a hadley rear hub from bcs bikes in Melbourne and got it for $450 which was cost price, RRP is around the $700 for the gold model.