half life 2 - best game ever?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
all you pc gamers, who's played half life 2 (and half life 1)? i just finished it!
If this game is not the best game ever then what is? the whole game is so beautifully crafted, every bit of script, character, graphics, scenery, storyline, gameplay etc etc etc....

What are some of thoughts on the game? as enthusiastic as mine?

judging by the very last scene (time freezes) it sounds as if there will be a 3rd... what will his offer be....???

Bud Weiser

Likes Dirt
yeah i wouldent know much about it as i dont play it
but a good mate of mine is working on a new mod that seems to be awsome he is working with people in america and he is like cheif script edidtor or something
so hold out for a little while to come
the mod will be here soon
now go ride

toodles

Wheel size expert
ajay said:
judging by the very last scene (time freezes) it sounds as if there will be a 3rd... what will his offer be....???
Thanks Mr Ruin The End of the Movie!

Nah, I loved Half-Life, and to a lesser extent Half-Life 2. But I literally walked through Half-Life 2 on the hard setting in under 9 hours of gameplay on my first attempt. It's not so much the lack of difficulty, more the lack of the great puzzles the original had that bothered me. But it's still one of my favourite games, just not up to the level of the original.

How cool are those Striders?

norco_rampage

Likes Dirt
i played hl2 at a friends house for a while, it seemed pretty good but i wouldn't buy it. nowhere near as good as hl1 and the expansions.
old school games are always better.

konasaurus

Likes Dirt
norco_rampage said:
i played hl2 at a friends house for a while, it seemed pretty good but i wouldn't buy it. nowhere near as good as hl1 and the expansions.
old school games are always better.

It is just like Halo2 .. Halo1 was great and there was so much hype and excitement leading up to the realese of 2 that when you played it you were like hmmmmm ...

still an awsome game but i believe the lead up and hype ruined it abit .......

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i never played HL1 when it was hot stuff so i never had the nostalgic thing happening. deadset, i reckon HL2 is the best game out there to date (cept maybe 1942 on NES, that ROCKS). everything about it was put together sooo farkin well, scenery, gameplay, storyline, SOUND :D never lost interest in it for a second. i thought it was a bit easy too, i never got stuck anywhere and got through the game quite easily but thats also one of the reasons i liked it so much, it keeps you interested cos the game is constantly changing on you.

only others i've been close to this impressed with were Halo (PC) and far cry, but neither of those were quite up to the standard of HL2. i know everyone has played halo, but what about far cry? what did everyone else think of that almost zero hype game?

dickyknee

Likes Dirt
played hl1 from start to finish , excellent game .
just got hl2 form a mate the other day so i am only an hour or so into it , but it seems pretty good so far , cant wait to get into some more action , it's been a fairly boring first hour of the game .

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
toodles said:
Thanks Mr Ruin The End of the Movie!

Nah, I loved Half-Life, and to a lesser extent Half-Life 2. But I literally walked through Half-Life 2 on the hard setting in under 9 hours of gameplay on my first attempt. It's not so much the lack of difficulty, more the lack of the great puzzles the original had that bothered me. But it's still one of my favourite games, just not up to the level of the original.

How cool are those Striders?
I know what you mean about the puzzles etc, in that regard, hl1 nailed it, HL2 doesnt really have alot of really confusing stuff in it, BUT, how good is the gravity gun in the last level!

But yeah - striders rock! the physics engine in HL2 is so real!

BTW - counter Strike source.... ah yes, it is very noice...

toodles

Wheel size expert
Ah yes the gravity gun - the single sickest weapon I've ever seen in a FPS. I went on a bloodthirsty rampage with that thing - awesome!