Hammerschmidt geared crank

Hi all, I am trying to get my hands on a Hammerschmidt geared crank with the shifter or purchase the shifter separately but I am not able to find anyone that has a shifter.
Does anyone here know where I might be able to get hold of the set or just a shifter?
Thanks

kane1174

Likes Bikes
Hi all, I am trying to get my hands on a Hammerschmidt geared crank with the shifter or purchase the shifter separately but I am not able to find anyone that has a shifter.
Does anyone here know where I might be able to get hold of the set or just a shifter?
Thanks
Any 2x shifter works with them. I used a X0 2x shifter with mine, still have the Hammerschidt cranks sitting in the cupboard somewhere if you're after the cranks.

Any 2x shifter works with them. I used a X0 2x shifter with mine, still have the Hammerschidt cranks sitting in the cupboard somewhere if you're after the cranks.
Hi, I have no idea about parts for bikes but was told that you had to use the specific shifter or a shifter that had no preset clicks you just turn it around till it changes.
I will look at the XO shifter now as I would like an option for gears on this bike.
Thanks

OKA

Squid
The standard Hammerschmit shifter has two positions just like any other 2x front shifter. I used a X9 shifter with mine as it matched the 10x one I use for the rear.. The standard Hammerschmit shifter is same design as 9 speed group.