Happy 2024 burners

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
As the titles says hope you lot have a happy and prosperous 2024, the world settles the fuck down and stops picking on people they don't like or are scared of and we finally get our shit together and start doing something positive for the planet.

Happy New Year.

safreek

As the titles says hope you lot have a happy and prosperous 2024, the world settles the fuck down and stops picking on people they don't like or are scared of and we finally get our shit together and start doing something positive for the planet.

Happy New Year.
Happy New Year to you as well.
My new years resolution was to stop baiting lefty frothers.
So far I am achieving my goal. If only the frothers would make the same resolution :)

Brow

Big Block
Happy New Year to one and all. I say this every year, but hopefully this is a better one than the last. Despite the rain and no riding, went to the tennis in Brissie, first time and it was pretty good. Having a beer now and trying not to think of back to work tomorrow.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Happy New Year Farkers / Burners!

Does anyone have an interesting New Years Resolution they care to share? I have a handful, i'll share two: try to converse with a total stranger each day. Be more proactive - the action comes first (before the emotion), for example, I do 100 push ups each day but obvs i procrastinate.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
My main aim is to get my body weight below 100kg and keep it there for more than a month.
Cut meals out of your day.

I started skipping breakfast and not eating until midday. Yes, you get hungry, but hunger is the feeling of losing weight and man the fuck up - being a little bit hungry is not a lot to have to endure. I now only eat dinner (or probably more accurately, I only eat between 5 and 9pm. I make sure that I eat heaps of raw fruit and veg and quality meat, but I also splurge and eat chocolate, jam sangas and whatever.

I am now the perfect weight for my body size and my mood and energy do not suffer at all. Yes, I get hungry around 11am and 2pm (and I do drink two milk-based coffees each day, so I'm not super strict about that). I do exercise - weights and riding. However, even without that exercise I am able to maintain a body size that I'm stoked with, with very little effort.

Jabubu

let you google that for me

I started skipping breakfast and not eating until midday. Yes, you get hungry, but hunger is the feeling of losing weight and man the fuck up - being a little bit hungry is not a lot to have to endure. I now only eat dinner (or probably more accurately, I only eat between 5 and 9pm. I make sure that I eat heaps of raw fruit and veg and quality meat, but I also splurge and eat chocolate, jam sangas and whatever.

I am now the perfect weight for my body size and my mood and energy do not suffer at all. Yes, I get hungry around 11am and 2pm (and I do drink two milk-based coffees each day, so I'm not super strict about that). I do exercise - weights and riding. However, even without that exercise I am able to maintain a body size that I'm stoked with, with very little effort.
I did this for a while with some success but not having a thyroid makes it a bit harder.

Minlak

custom titis

I often see facebook posts where people are spouting their latest version of whatever way to lose weight and say ask me how? - Most of the comments are people asking if you can really lose weight without exercise? - 100% there are many great reasons you should do weight bearing exercise but it is not needed to lose weight! What you eat and how you eat makes all the difference!!!

I did this for a while with some success but not having a thyroid makes it a bit harder.
Nope - not being dedicated makes it harder

Jabubu

I often see facebook posts where people are spouting their latest version of whatever way to lose weight and say ask me how? - Most of the comments are people asking if you can really lose weight without exercise? - 100% there are many great reasons you should do weight bearing exercise but it is not needed to lose weight! What you eat and how you eat makes all the difference!!!

Nope - not being dedicated makes it harder
You do know what a thyroid does right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
You do know what a thyroid does right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yessir 100% - You do know what an excuse is right?

Just to be clear I 100% do not give a single fuck if anyone is overweight - But people need to stop justifying why they are overweight and cant lose weight - Either A) Accept this is how you are OR B) fix it - It is not impossible for you to lose weight but you have to be dedicated.

Jabubu

Yessir 100% - You do know what an excuse is right?

Just to be clear I 100% do not give a single fuck if anyone is overweight - But people need to stop justifying why they are overweight and cant lose weight - Either A) Accept this is how you are OR B) fix it - It is not impossible for you to lose weight but you have to be dedicated.
And you saw that I have already made the effort and lost weight but not having a thyroid made it A BIT HARDER to do so?

I'm not sure where you saw the excuse but jumping in like a twat and putting down someone's efforts isn't exactly encouraging.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
And you saw that I have already made the effort and lost weight but not having a thyroid made it A BIT HARDER to do so?

I'm not sure where you saw the excuse but jumping in like a twat and putting down someone's efforts isn't exactly encouraging.
So, are there any work-arounds for not having a thyroid gland?
Is there some kind of medication that helps in that regard?
I see the Thyroid foundation lists Levothyroxine (T4) as a replacement hormone.

Jabubu