Hard tails for Downhill

I am currently using a norco 250 hard tail for downhill, it goes alright mainly good for jumps. But when it comes to rock gardens and other rough surfaces it struggles, let me know you opinion.

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
just my opinion (and I'm fairly uneducated when it comes to bikes) - doubtful you'll ever find a hardtail that can go though a rock garden smoothly. Riding a hardtail puts more emphasis on the rider being able to pick the right lines instead of just relying on rear suspension to do the work.
Kudos on riding DH with a hardtail though!

aanon

Likes Dirt
Opinion?
Not quite sure what you want an opinion for.
Your bike is probably an old beater that you could have a ton of fun on, including rattling down a dh track but it will never be as good as a proper dh bike.
Knife at a gun fight really.
When do the school holidays finish.

moorey

call me Mia
My old mate Johnny Dawe could have, and did, kick any of your arses on a HT. That said, Dawe is a freak on and off the bike, which anyone who knows him will attest to.
That was 10 years ago. Even he rides an aurum these days.

Bupton

Likes Dirt
I am currently using a norco 250 hard tail for downhill, it goes alright mainly good for jumps. But when it comes to rock gardens and other rough surfaces it struggles, let me know you opinion.
I used the same, a Norco 250 with short forks at bright on the DH tracks there. All I got was strange looks and called a "crazy bastard" by the shuttle driver. It wasn't easy and my frame ended up cracking at the front triangle which I assume was from this. But now I have a full suspension and its much better for DH

indica

Serial flasher
Opinions? Beer is good.
Work is stupid, meaningless and boring.
DH on a HT, in fact ANYTHING on a hardtail must be painful.
I have ridden one once in 15 years and it was horrid. Hurt my arse when I sat down, fucking seat didn't move. WTFF?

moorey

call me Mia
Opinions? Beer is good.
I have ridden one once in 15 years and it was horrid. Hurt my arse when I sat down, fucking seat didn't move. WTFF?
I have been on your side for the last 10 years, and swore I'd never touch a ht again, but am actually enjoying the Marley. Sure, arse had welts first long ride, but changed seat and riding style, and it's actually not bad.
DH wouldn't be my cuppa on it though.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Can you? Yes
Should you? Perhaps- some time on a hardtail will improve your DH skills especially your line choices
Is it the best bike for the job? No- save some coin and get a 2nd hand dually DH rig. But in the meantime if its all you got then ride it and have fun.

Hahah one more big drop or case and i think my ankle is gonna break...

Opinions? Beer is good.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Super monsters and learn to ride an endo. Then you won't have to worry about your ankles...if you are in a place with lots of smooth tracks you should be able to hold your body together long enough to save up for a dually.