Hardtail on you yangs?

Geordsta

Likes Dirt
I might be going to the you yangs very soon and i just wanna ask would a hard tail be alright to do some of the DH down there i like the look of downhill but never done much so i was going to go down there and check it out i have a trek jack 2 (07) and im just asking will it be handel some of the beginner courses?

Jack122

Banned
bump, bump it up!, i'm in exzctly the same positon as you, beginner DH and looking for somewhere to ride.

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
I think a hardtail could get through the rock gardens, you just need to hit them with a fair bit of speed. You can always get off and walk if worst comes to worst.

Cheers,

rgsupergrover

Likes Dirt
yeah, just find a really sweet line on the rock gardens and you will be fine. I find that running a full suspension rig opposed to a hardtail makes you lazy, so get out on that hardtail once in a while.:D

zeroRIDER

Likes Dirt
i can do most of the new dh track on my stp 0 which has tonnes of rock gardens so you should be fine if your just doing beginner tracks

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
There's heaps of ridable terrain that a beginner can ride as DH. 13 is a fun flowy course that's just had some work done. GMBC Decent (old DH track) is ridable and you can walk around the hard stuff. Just go there and find out for yourself. That's half the fun!

skypy12

Likes Bikes
i've had a go of the dh tracks there awhile back on my torrent and loved it, never ridden a dually so don't have a comparrison but to answer ur q, yes its doable on a HT.

There is heaps of stuff you can do on a hardtail at the yangs. Check out 7, 10 (you may have to take the B lines on this one), 13 and 9. Don't go straight into 12, its serious DH, heaps of fun though.

mTb_Ryder

Likes Bikes
You Yangs

yer man ther are heaps of good stuff there you can do on a hardtail. some of the more gnarly xc tracks are pretty sweet and the old dh track is wicked but you might have to take some b-lines. i wouldnt suggest the new dh track its just rock garde after rock garden on that man. heaps tuff on a hardtail.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
dh

I have ridden a bit of HT DH, just pick really good lines and look out for the stuff you dont wanna hit and have your tyre pressures perfect, its a big thing.

Geordsta

Likes Dirt
Yeah lets have a beginner DH day im going to the You yangs on saturday the 27 or sunday the 28th probably saturday though pm me or add me on msn on Mr_mohawk_me@Hotmail.com or email me on that if u might be there or something thanks :)

jackmac91

Likes Dirt
I have raced at the you yangs on a HT, It's pleanty doable. just make sure you were enough protection, there is some nasty shit there...

gudstarf

Likes Bikes
yeah man its doeable some of the drops you will have to be smooth with but other than that is easy, i've done it. but yeah where protection!