hardtail or duel?

fish

Likes Dirt
im looking for a first bike, i have 2000. i like dh more then jumping and drops. i dont know because hardtails are cheaper but duels are more.....well.....have more suspension. i might be buying a 2003 norco atomik of a friend for 1800..am i making a mistake? if you have any susgestions can you name the bike you think might be good? thx...

Wrong forum buddy, either in parst n stuff or general mtb discussion i think it is, and no, no mistake but still, W0000000 im full of nergy

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
for $1800 an atomic would be a great bike to build up. don't they retial for like $2800, thats $1000 off. a bike like this would be way better for downhill than a hardtail imo

fastrider gus

super huck
are you buying charlie's bike? or his little bro's?
either way, an atomic is a great 1st bike!! especially if its either of these 2 guys bikes, 'cos they are in awesome shape.
go for it dude..

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Duallys aren't very good for first bikes but if your basicly doing downhill only than go for it i guess..

CHEWY

Eats Squid
if i could go back and do it again, i woulda got a HT first... and now that ive got one, im never getting a dually again

finny_447

Likes Dirt
go the hardtail you can get them with better components then a dually getting a $2000 hardtail will be much stonger/better the a $2000 duel

naz

Criminally Inane
hardtail for 2000$ you could get a awesome 04 bike
there to to start on because u learn how to handle a bike better, they teach u style rather than goin big n knowing u got suspension to save ur ass, i made the mistake of gettin a stinky back in 01' thinkin' OHH it has suspension'...start of the year i got a one25, started ridin it felt like a total retard, then pretty much learnt to ride again, doin stair gaps, drops, dj'in got back on my stinky n rode it so much better....
haha late night jubberish...
but hardtails do teach the basics, duals are just there so u can be sloppy n still survive

Amos

Cannon Fodder
Sounds like reasonable logic guys... i bought a p3 at the start of last year, which was pretty much my first decent bike. I'm pretty damn happy with it and have been racing DH's with it. Only been racing sub-sport, but doin ok against about 15 other friggin bighits.
It's sweet to race biker X too!!!
I reckon go for the hardtail too... you can get sweet ht's for that price and like already mentioned it'll be sweet for your skills and then later if you get on a dually you'll kick arse. Just my opinion but!!!

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
CHEWY said:
if i could go back and do it again, i woulda got a HT first... and now that ive got one, im NEVER getting a dually again
never?? :shock:

why?? :shock:

cant you have 2 bikes?? :shock:

tell me you dont want an intense M1.... :wink: