Has anyone heard of or bought anything from this website?

I am shopping for a 2010 sx trail and i found this website.
siantar-store

Has anyone heard of it or bought anyhtin from here? seems a bit too good to be true. 2010 sx trail 2 for $650 USD.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As if, i'd be so warey of that. if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, they'd have to be out of stock if this was a true price

*Edit* Lol, no way, I wouldn't trust that site, just found this http://www.siantar-store.com/index.php?productID=311

Again I edit, you can pay via paypal, now I could be wrong here, but I swear if you pay via paypal your protected, so if the bike was a scam, paypal would protect you? I dunno, just noticed it, anyway time for someone else to have an opinion :p

Attachments

Last edited:

Tenpoints

Likes Dirt
It's a tricky one. Those prices are very cheap, but possibly because they get them straight from the factory and labour costs less than a double fillet bondi meal at oporto.

I can't find any reports of the store being an outright scam. You could try buying something cheap and seeing if you get it.

I'm pretty sure warranty is a long shot though.

And without regiistering, it looks as though it's "One Size fits all", lol.

Last edited:
Phishing? whats that?
Phishing is where a company or web site ask for credit card details and than uses your credit card for personal and luxury purchases.

That site is 100% so not trust worthy. if you buy of there i guarantee you they will screw you over and use your credit card information in a negative way. Avoid that site at all cost. DO NOT buy from them. i had a look at that link and its obviously not a trust worthy. i mean come on 900$$ American for a Lapierre DH-920 2009 or 700 American for a specialized 2010 demo 8.

Stay away from that site. and find another site. or better yet. support your LBS and buy from them.

Having said all that. They might be legitimate. but if i was going to buy something online and saw that site, id be like, fuck that it dosen't look trust worthy. if others on here can't find any reveiws about the site chances are its a scame. but it could be a new company and they might be totally legitmate, but its a big purchase to make, and if it dose turn out to be a scame, say good bye to alot of money.

Edit.
I really would NOT buy of them.
OFFICE :
Address :Jl.Kesawan No.100
City : Medan
Zip Post 20122

As you can see they based in Indonesia, but that dosen't mean its a scam site. but it could very well be and judgeing by the prices i would say YES, Yes it is a scam site. so, if i were you, i would stay aways from that site.

Last edited:

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you register, give them your details (name address, etc), then presto they own you, and your the latest identity theft on the list...

Big Chuck

Likes Dirt
Just register with an "alternate" ID and ordered a bike via paypal. It didn't link me to Paypal as all sites I have purchased via before have done.

It just said "Thank you for your order!"
"We will contact you for the order verification as soon as possible."

My order is Number 22.

That's when the scam may kick in, so time will tell.

Big Chuck

Likes Dirt
What did you order?
If they are real, so getting a Fury;)
Specialized S-Works Epic Carbon 2009

Here's and e-mail I just received from them.

"Hello ,

Please let me know your paypal email , so we can send the request of
payment.

1 unit Specialized S-Works Epic Carbon 2009 USD 900.00
shipping cost USD 100.00

Grand Total USD 1,000.00

We will ship the package at monday

Thank's

Looking forward hearing from you

Best Regards"

RiLiZe

Likes Dirt
hahahaha that is the best website!
what would a full BOS 951 be like 1500 !LOL!
oh my god just funny to look at...

zen zen

Likes Dirt
Specialized S-Works Epic Carbon 2009

Here's and e-mail I just received from them.

"Hello ,

Please let me know your paypal email , so we can send the request of
payment.

1 unit Specialized S-Works Epic Carbon 2009 USD 900.00
shipping cost USD 100.00

Grand Total USD 1,000.00

We will ship the package at monday

Thank's

Looking forward hearing from you

Best Regards"
There real good at english..........not a scam at all:rolleyes:

Big Chuck

Likes Dirt
Here's another update.

Chuck:
Can you please confirm this is a genuine Specialized bike? and how can the price be so cheap?

PT.Siantar - Surya Sitorus:
Hello ,

We are distributor in indonesia market place.We have a suppliers to supply
this bike to us.

The prices in our company website is price for indonesia market..

The bikes is new and original include all accessories.

Thank's

Best Regards
Surya Sitorus

I did a bit more searching and still nothing to indicate it's a scam(yeah right). The website is resisted via privacyprotect.org which I find a little suspect. There are other back links to the website but they contain similar content. They are using SquirrelMail, possibly via the website interface and not a local e-mail client(eg Outlook).

If the price was something near what you would expect to pay, they would have a lot of takers.

Anyone know much about Paypal and how we can check up from that angle?

doug89

Squid
Anyone know much about Paypal and how we can check up from that angle?
If they're asking for your Paypal email address and don't have the proper purchase process built into their site then it's more than likely a personal Paypal account, not a legitimate business account. It has to be a scam. I'm sure Paypal will happily suspend the account.

D2R

Likes Bikes
If they're asking for your Paypal email address and don't have the proper purchase process built into their site then it's more than likely a personal Paypal account, not a legitimate business account. It has to be a scam. I'm sure Paypal will happily suspend the account.
Bikeworx at Erina work the same way. They don't have Paypal built into their website.

Doesn't mean that a website is a scam or not - Though these guys seem pretty dodgy.

Last edited:

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are not the distributor in Indonesia.

Just don't buy from there.. Is it that hard to see its a scam?