Has anyone used/owned a DNM Mountain Bike Dropper?

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am playing with the idea of getting a dropper post, however the price of many just seem ridickulous. I am building a 'budget' AM/Enduro and would like to try a dropper post, but I'm not going to blow a large chunk of my budget on a lazymans seat-post. I have come across a 'DNM Mountain Bike Dropper post' and was wondering if anyone has used/uses them, and how they rate them. I know FA about these moving seatposts so some recommendations would be great.
Cheers.
:llama:

The seatpost: http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/d...ockout/ASP-R?gclid=CIvwidnhjr8CFcIJvAodrnsA_A

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
DNM were never really known for their quality.....The usual online retail suspects all offer generous returns for people who are unhappy with their purchase. I would recomend you spend up a bit through one of them. That way if you don't find satisfaction you can return it for a refund.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Given that the better brands have some issues, the chances of a cheap, questionable brand having issues would be very high I assume. I'd also assume its heavy and will probably develop play quickly. You can get an XFusion HiLo new for a bit over $200, mine was fantastic and I only changed to a Reverb Stealth for internal routing and different size. The saving at purchase will mean little if the DNM doesn't go the distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackass'd

Likes Dirt
Not to hijack, but I've got a Fox DOSS post that I haven't got around to listing but wanna sell - its surplus as I too am running reverb stealth posts on my bikes + I also only wanted 100mm drop.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for all your help and advice, I will steer clear of the DNS dropper. As suggested by moorey the KS Eten fits my budget and should do me well.
Cheers :thumb:

speshboy

Likes Bikes
I've been using one for about 6 months. So far no issues. I only ride once a week though and don't need it too much on my trail. Holding air no play. I haven't weigh it but seeing the KS is the bottom of their range I don't think it would be that different. Plus I wasn't sure how much I would use it so I thought buy a cheap one and see. With that price I could buy 2 for what the others cost. Suits my needs anyway

moorey

call me Mia
When I spoke to Al about the ETen, I think the only main difference internally is that they outsourced the cartridge, rather than make themselves. Still fully backed, and reports have been good. Just saying is all.

Fabieres

Cannon Fodder
I have had one for over 2 years now with no issues other than the cable getting full of mud from time to time. i put more air in every year when i clean behind the dust seal and put some float fluid in and its been nothing but awesome. Only downside is the 110mm drop is not enough now.

Ideate

Anyone with any recent experience of these?
I had one but sold it for a 150 Lev. Not because it was shit though.. I never had any issues with it. I've still got one on the missus's bike too which is still going strong after about 3 years.

The only thing I do is slickhoney the shaft and store it fully extended.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not the DNM, but I have been using the Brand X Ascend for just over 8 months and if you can live with the 120mm drop, and have internal routing, then it is a good option. Never had an issue with it, has a great lever and I forget it is even there. About $200 on CRC and comes with a 2 year warranty.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Just got a Brand X and fitted to a cheapish hardtail I just bought, can't comment on the longevity but it sure works well.

rgy1993

Likes Dirt
had one of the DnMs on my girlfriends bike for about a year. Only tame trail riding the whole time but never had any problems with it.